SCT can Tunes questions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT can Tunes questions?

I have a 2006 f250 4X4 and just installed an SCT SF3 today. I am not sure what settings I should be running. There is many options you can adjust other that the tunes it comes with. Can anyone give me a better understanding of the options or tunes. I set it at the performance tune with 100hp. Will this tune automatically set my top end speed as well? Only mods on this truck is a 4inch turbo back exhaust. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The only setting that I would recommend playing with is. Set the gear ratio to what is in your truck, set the Revs per miles to what it calculates out to your tires, and the factory speed limiter is set to 98 mph you have an option to up it or remove it (Meaning no top end limit).

If you do mess with the shift pressure, only increase or decrease in 5% increments. But I personally wouldn't touch that or the shifting settings. You also have a option to increase the idle higher than stock, but I would recommend to leave it stock.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My concern was to lift the speed limiter, delete EGR, and set for new tire size. I really don't want to mess with any of the other things. I just wanted to make sure I don't mess something up. As far as furl economy, do you know which setting will be the best for everyday driving. I do not tow. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.