Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CFM+ intake

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  denhammkc 
#1 ·
Just oredered a cfm+ large mouth intake and tube. Any one like or dislike them? :dunno: Also have a AFE stage 2 on the way

#2 ·
Loved it on my 07 5.9 cummins, i would love to get it on my new truck to. Just havent heard much on the 6.0 with them. Im sure there great though.

#3 ·
Just recently installed this knowing not to expect much. Nothing really noticable performance wise just bling:thumb: I caught a good christmas sale with free shipping so i said what the h*ll!

#4 ·
I want one because of how clean they are but I can port and polish myself and that piece doesn't look that damn hard to do.

#5 ·
When you install it, make sure you torque down each bolt evenly and DO NOT over tighten! I stripped 1 of the 4 bolts out...had to use a larger oversize bolt.

#6 ·
#7 ·
It comes with new bolts. There is no performance improvement. The fit of the pipe isn't great. I had to chop the snot out of my battery box to make it work with my Airaid intake.

#11 ·
Me too!! Had to chop the batt box, I use the 3 ports, 1 port for boost gauge, the other 2 for water meth injectors. If you use the ports, just be careful not to over tighten, my one port cracked and I had to use JB weld to seal it.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Mine came with bolts, fit perfect and I had to cut nothing. I was careful after reading about torqueing the bolts:thumb:

#12 ·
I was thinking of getting the kit but I can't see spening $400 if I get no performance difference. And I need a difference I can feel, not just on paper.

#13 ·
I went with the small mouth kit for that exact reason, spent like $140 delivered.

#15 ·
Installed parts HOLY Crap what a improvement. The air box made the big differance the intake does make the turbo spool faster. Every thing installed in a hour and half. No cutting. Bought both items from AZ offroad for $730 shipped. Now it is time for a custom tune for SCT livewire. Tires wont last long now. To much fun messing with people. The looks on there faces. when you take off and blow them away.

Attachments

#20 ·
Installed parts HOLY Crap what a improvement. The air box made the big differance the intake does make the turbo spool faster. Every thing installed in a hour and half. No cutting. Bought both items from AZ offroad for $730 shipped. Now it is time for a custom tune for SCT livewire. Tires wont last long now. To much fun messing with people. The looks on there faces. when you take off and blow them away.
Wishful thinking bud, to justify all the money you spent. I have the same gear on my truck and my truck runs good, but not because of these items. Yes the elbow makes a nice smooth entry to the intake manifold but so what. There is no restriction with the stock elbow therefor no gain with the CFM+. The heads and intake manifold on this engine have such pitifully low flow numbers that the only thing that will help them is porting or more boost.

#17 ·
That much of a difference out of just a smooth flowing elbow? Hmmm

#19 ·
Your gaining VERY little, if anything. The intake manifold and ports are too restrictive to gain any noticeable power.

#21 ·
This.....

Wishful thinking bud, to justify all the money you spent. I have the same gear on my truck and my truck runs good, but not because of these items. Yes the elbow makes a nice smooth entry to the intake manifold but so what. There is no restriction with the stock elbow therefor no gain with the CFM+. The heads and intake manifold on this engine have such pitifully low flow numbers that the only thing that will help them is porting or more boost.
And this..... Doug's Stage 1 takes care of the intake issue nicely.:wink[3]:

Intake manifold= #1 restriction
Heads= #2 restriction

I'm sorry to see you dropped $700+ on an appearance upgrade that offers no real benefit (except slightly slower spool up :() on trucks under ~600 hp.:doh:

#22 ·
04 fit on an 07?

I want to get rid of that black plastic tube and put the stock metal one on that the 04s had.
Will the 04 metal tube fit my 07 ( I am going to get a set of 4 CAC boots from Riffraff if it will) ? :dunno:
I found one in town for $25 I would like to get it if it fits.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.