Cant make up my mind at all - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cant make up my mind at all

Well the HPOP went out on my truck and I was thinking of getting rid of it after I fixed it but as I think about it more and more I dont want to spend that kinda money then get rid of it cause it would be a waste. So I figure if I am that far into the motor all ready why not do it all so I dont have to tear back into it. Well then I figured if im going to tear into it I might as well hold onto it. I love the truck I was just going to sell it and get a cheaper vehicle but I never do thats what I was going to do before but ended up buying this instead lol. So I put together a list of parts I want to do. The truck has 203k miles on it and ran like a dream before the HPOP went out besides cold starts which I assume was the HPOP going out. FICM and injectors all test out good. Running T-5 oil with Rev-X. Here is a list I plan on doing. IF I decide to keep it.

New HPOP
Recondition Turbo
6.4 Banjo bolts
Upgraded Blue fuel pressure spring
Coolant filter
6.0 solution kit (studs, egr delete, all new gaskets, oil cooler ect.)
4" straight pipe exhaust 6" tip
SCT IDP tunes with extreme
PHP FICM tuning

So far this is what I have came up with. Reason being I have to replace the HPOP so I figued if Im right there I might as well do the oil cooler just incase and if I am going to do that I might as well do the EGR cooler since I did the oil cooler. THen I was like well crap I just did that I got 203K on my gaskets I might as well replace them while I got the motor tore open and put studs in so I dont have to worry about blown headgaskets after doing all this work. Im sure you all know how it starts out as one thing and keeps building faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 PM

do it all tore mine down for new hpop and did head gaskets and studs cause i was there now i get to go back in for the oil cooler. going ahead and doing the egr delete and coolant filter. it will save you a lot of time to just get it out of the way while you are there.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Legionxxii, What year is your truck?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Flush the Ford coolant and rplace it with ELC. Got gauges? If not get an Edge Insight.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Its a 2003 and the coolant has already been flushed by previous owner. I forgot to add I was going to get gauges prolly get edge programmer just to use for gauges since there cheap and come with EGT probe. I like the truck cause the oasis report is clean besides a EGR valve at like 80k miles and some diff strategys. The truck is pretty much dent free Texas truck with no rust. Interior is really nice no holes or anything.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke Techie

An '03, while you have it apart, take a look at the ICP and harness for oil leaks or damage/oil to the harness.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Aded that to the list of things to do thanks is ther anything else I should do? I would love to do injectors but I dont have that kind off money right now unless I get lucky and find one hell of a deal. Then I would also add a Airdog.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:17 PM

What would be a good company that I would be able to order most this from? I wanted to get tunes from Eric or Matt but neither have the 6.0 solutions kit that I want to order. If I could I would like to order nearly everything from one company to make it easier and hopefully get a deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.