Fuel Line, RR, crossover line questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Line, RR, crossover line questions...

I have been reading alot on the fuel systems lately and sorry for the possible dumb questions but I get confused when I read different posts and threads

I have read that RR and Airdog/Fass are and arent good together?

The rear crossover line is worth it and not worth. Some some it equalizes the pressure but others say it doesnt help because what is the difference if it crosses over to the other head vs hitting the back of the head?

The 6.4 banjo bolts are and arent worth doing...

Anyways it all gets confusing

So I have been thinking about it and was wondering does the fuel just enter the heads and the injectors suck up the fuel or is there a rail in there? If the fuel just gets dumped into the head then would it be possible to put a Y on each output of the fuel bowl and have fuel enter the front and the rear of the head? Sorry if this is a dumb question I am just trying to learn this fuel crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 PM

If you fallow the fuel line from the filter housing it enters the front of the head. with the cross over it allows for the injectors in the back to get the same pressure as the front but it would only make a difference if you had vary large injectors

Page 28: Fuel Supply System

You can see here the fuel dead end's at the back of the head that with large injectors it could be possible that the first three injectors would use up most of the fuel before it reached the back one
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM

ok so fuel just dumps into the head correct? Then is it possible to put Banjo's in the back of the heads and feed fuel in that way too to keep all the injectors fed with the same amount of fuel?

Also I dont see how putting the crossover line on the back of the heads keeps the same pressure? If the fuel comes into the front of the head and the first couple of injectors get most of the fuel then how would ther be enough to go to the other head and feed the back injectors?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 PM

the cross over line is a banjo and hard line the plug in the head is real close to the up pipes and it get hot the hard line come's up over the valve cover then is connected by breaded hose. fuel go's in the front of both heads

http://www.trustedperformance.com/Fuel.html

you not only need pressure but volume so opening the banjo bolt is good but larger line's will give you that volume like in the stage 1 kit's

Last edited by Paintingman; 01-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintingman View Post
the cross over line is a banjo and hard line the plug in the head is real close to the up pipes and it get hot the hard line come's up over the valve cover then is connected by breaded hose. fuel go's in the front of both heads

http://www.trustedperformance.com/Fu....com/Fuel.html

you not only need pressure but volume so opening the banjo bolt is good but larger line's will give you that volume like in the stage 1 kit's
The link is broke
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM

That's better

Trusted Performance Your Diesel Performance Manufacture for 6.0 Power Stroke Performance Parts or 60 Powerstroke Engines
Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM

so unless you get aftermarket injectors I would assume that 6.4 banjos, new spring and a rear crossover would be sufficent enough and help those rear injectors?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here's what I have done for the fuel system. I'll be talking from the tank to the heads.

I have a Truck Source Diesel fuel sump on the bottom of the tank. This feeds the AirDog 100 that runs to the OEM pump. I added the newer banjo bolts.

I'll be adding the updated fuel pressure spring (blue spring) soon along with a fuel pressure gauge. There's really no need to go to with a regulated return or cross over. You just need to maintain the pressure into the heads.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
Here's what I have done for the fuel system. I'll be talking from the tank to the heads.

I have a Truck Source Diesel fuel sump on the bottom of the tank. This feeds the AirDog 100 that runs to the OEM pump. I added the newer banjo bolts.

I'll be adding the updated fuel pressure spring (blue spring) soon along with a fuel pressure gauge. There's really no need to go to with a regulated return or cross over. You just need to maintain the pressure into the heads.
That all you need for are every a day drivers when you want to put some 200cc or bigger injectors and take it to the track then do the upgrade.

CCSBD i know what you were thinking why not pressurize both end of the head probably work well with those 200cc injectors
Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 AM

It is also a real pain in the azz to reach the plugs and bolts for the rr or crossover line on the rear of the heads. I did mine just for any future upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.