Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Free Spartan Tunes

19K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  fintech 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anybody still have the free tunes from Spartan? I know their not the best but I would like to try alot of different tunes. At least untill I can get some more cash for tunes.

Would It hurt my truck to run some of these tunes on my truck since they are for diff strat's than mine. I thought it would be better than a canned tune. Even though it is kinda like a canned tuned.

Thanks

#2 ·
#4 ·
Okay.... Man was hoping for some decent free tunes.

How do you actually order custom tunes? Where are the forms for ordering.

#5 ·
I went to the Innovative diesel website and emailed the guys . had my tunes in less then 48 hrs . they will ask for your stategy ,tuning device serial number and mods , then they will email you your tune file. I tried one of the spartan tunes on my truck and it seemed to run fine but i just felt better knowing that my innovative tunes were actually written for my truck specifically. figure out what you want in your tune before you order , such as firm or softer shifting , egr valve on or off , ect . you will be happy with Innovatives tuning , it really transforms the truck into a whole new animal .

FYI : the extreme street gets great mpg , i think it may be their best on fuel .

#6 ·
I tuned my truck with the sct and now it seems like I have a miss under wot @ 2200 rpm and above. Almost like it got a injector failing or starving for fuel. Could my ficm be causing this. It ran fine with the edge turned up to five. It doesn't do it when it's stock only with the canned perf. sct tune.

#7 ·
is that the only SCT tune it misses on. do the tow and street tunes run fine? one of the perks of custom tuning is if you experience an issue like you are they can give you support and tweak the tune if it's tuning related to make things work right.

#8 ·
i would keep it stock till you find out whats going on . i'm not real sure what that could be , i would assume its a fueling problem but its really hard to say just by reading your problems and not physically seeing the truck . have you checked your turbo lately ? i had a similar experience and soon after my turbo blew and it seemed that was the cause . keep an eye on it and ask lots of questions and do research . there is alot to be learned and people on here are a great help .

#9 ·
I will try the other tunes tommorrow. I checked for any codes and none for found if an injector is going bad will the ecu throw a code that the sct can read.

#10 ·
Turbo was just cleaned Sat. It also seems like the sct has half the kick the edge did. Going back to stock untill I can figure it out. I will check the ficm voltage tommorrow at work. Any thing else I can check? What fitting goes into the fuel test port? Npt?

Thanks for the info and help
Grant

#11 ·
The fitting for the fuel pressure test port is an M12x1.5 and it's o-ringed. Please don't try pipe thread--that would be a very expensive mistake. Try somewhere like sinister diesel or earls for a fitting.

FWIW--judging the SCT on one or canned tunes just isn't fair. I promise you there are SCT tunes that will stomp the Edge into nothingness IF your motor can handle them.

#12 ·
Oh trust me I am positive that the sct w/ custom tunes will no doubt put the edge to shame I just don't under stand how it all the sudden can't accel. Properly. I guess I need to test injectors, ficm, fuel and hpop.

#13 · (Edited)
So I may have figured it out. I think my egr valve is purging off exhuast manifold press like a wastegate. Is that possible? Egr is turned off with sct. I am only getting 19-20psi and use to get 25+

Okay scratch that. Turned it back on and still doing. It like I'm losing fuel pressure cause it will run fine up to 2500 but after that at wot it can't really acheive boost or very much rpm. I see it all the time in construction equipment. I checked just to be sure. Both are only about 3 weeks old and still look good. I got a fitting today to test my fuel pressure. I got a m12x1.5 oring fitting. Which happens to be the same one we use on our Case brand eng.'s. I didn't get to check fuel today but I will for sure tommorrow.

#14 ·
I had an issue once where my HPOP had a small leak. It started fine cold or warm, but had no upper end power with the performance tunes. After about a month of scratching my head she finally gave me the signs of a HPOP failing by long cranks when starting after warmed up. Just my .02:dunno:

#15 ·
Are Fuel filter good? Cac boots in good shape no tears? Next would be fuel psi. Then hunt down oil issues if other tunes don't give issues. I'd also reload the tunes. I've seen them corrupt on download. I've also run the spartan tunes from the archive which is hosted by cartmenea. Give him some reps if you get a chance. I like the hybrid race tune about the best of any I've paid for.

#16 ·
Yeah both fuel filters are good. Waiting on adapter to test fuel press. I reverted to stock and no problems truck runs good except for the stock lag and lack of serious power. I have tried to download a couple of times but my truck will have none of it. I can put the edge back on and it does fine. I am going to wait for custom tunes and try them. I bought the sct from mkm and it comes with 3 custom tunes just waiting on them. Been almost a week now.

#20 ·
I had downloaded and saved all of them but my pc crashed and theyre gone, does any body have a new site to get them from? I really liked them all but that site doesnt work anymore. PM me if you have all of them please

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.