thinking about getting the sct programmer... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thinking about getting the sct programmer...

so ive heard alot of good things about the sct programmer..
right now i have the edge juice with attitude and seems like the sct custom tunes is better and SAFER for my truck!
my questions are.....
so i order the sct tuner and then what do i do from there? as far as gettin it customed tuned to my truck? i have a ford 05 6.0 super cab shortbox with 108,000 miles.
and i guess i will say i dont have enough money to buy the whole screen that you can get also. i will just be getting the programmer itself that ya plug into by the dash or wherever they plug in...
thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
the SCT i would recommend is the X3 like this: SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning

that kit will come with pre paid for custom tunes... if you dont have enough to do gauges at the same time i would either leave your juice on to be able to monitor for now and get gauges later or do a good set of gauges first then the tuner...

let me know if you have any questions

-Raul
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

I have a SCT X3 tuner, but i need to get custom tunes for it. How do i go about this?
i keep seeing people say get a good set of gauges. what gauges do i need to install?
My truck has the factory boost and transmission temp. And it also has the pryo gauge. But it was installed before i bought it and its located in the down pipe right after the turbo. is that ok?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99powerstroke62 View Post
I have a SCT X3 tuner, but i need to get custom tunes for it. How do i go about this?
i keep seeing people say get a good set of gauges. what gauges do i need to install?
My truck has the factory boost and transmission temp. And it also has the pryo gauge. But it was installed before i bought it and its located in the down pipe right after the turbo. is that ok?
Thanks
Innovative diesel, Gearhead Automotive, and Quict tricks automotive are just a few that you can get custom tunes from, there are also others out there.

The factory trans gauge is JUNK!! by the time it moves, it's too late!!
The factory boost is very accurate. And you EGT probe needs to be relocated to pre-turbo, in the exhaust manifold. Having the probe post turbo, the readings can be off 200*-400*.

You have some choices on monitoring the motor, the analog gauges or a digital monitor. This is a matter of personal preference and the amount of play money you want to spend. The temps you want to monitor are ECT,EOT,fuel psi,EGT,boost, and if you tow, trans temp.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Premium Member

i looked into innovative tunes. I think i'm going to go with the package of three. Xtreme Street, Xtreme Race, and street. Do those sound good?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

also, if i relocate the probe how do i plug up the hole in the down pipe?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
i looked into innovative tunes. I think i'm going to go with the package of three. Xtreme Street, Xtreme Race, and street. Do those sound good?
Make sure you get gauges before you beat the snot out of your truck. The x-race and X-street will make the EGT's climb fast. Also a fuel psi gauge, any fuel psi below 45psi, from idle to WOT will cause injector damage over time. If you go with those tunes or anybodies high HP tunes, you should have headstuds if you plan on beating on it. Some vendors have tunes for those who don't have studs.

Quote:
also, if i relocate the probe how do i plug up the hole in the down pipe?
If the down pipe has a welded on bung, you could just plug it with the right size NPT plug.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Premium Member

The truck is studded and has the EGR delete. I think for now I'm just gonna go with the xtreme street tune. I'll look into getting an edge insight for my gauges. Thanks for the good info
Old 01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
The truck is studded and has the EGR delete. I think for now I'm just gonna go with the xtreme street tune. I'll look into getting an edge insight for my gauges. Thanks for the good info
Raul at stealth runs package deals, it's cheaper than buying everything individually.
SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tuning/ Insight Combo
Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Premium Member

I already have the sct x3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.