Quick Trick Custom tuning by Vivian - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick Trick Custom tuning by Vivian

So just spent about an hour and a half on the phone with vivian going over everything i have done to my truck and what my set up is and she is awesome. I bought an x3 from her and she is going to build some custom tunes for me and everything i have done with my truck. Its going to be legendary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 05:32 PM

She has top notch customer service and all I can say about the Looney tune is "WOW" She is also very pleasant to speak with on the phone!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:12 PM

nice! I am thinking of getting a high HP tune from her or Xstreet.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:40 AM

Calling her with my truck stratagies as soon as She opens today ! Going with the TOW w/Brake ...LOONEY ...& Economy > if someone else drives my truck I can kill the power !!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 AM

Hey smokersteve I've got the Looney and the Ex Street. I like the Looney a little better. If you have the $$$ I would check out both. I also plan on trying to get the SRL+ eventually.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow View Post
Hey smokersteve I've got the Looney and the Ex Street. I like the Looney a little better. If you have the $$$ I would check out both. I also plan on trying to get the SRL+ eventually.
Thanks, can you give more detail?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The power between the looney and x-street are about the same. It comes down to your driving style.

The x-street locks the converter when you hit 40mph. The benefit to this is once locked up the clutches don't allow for slippage. Meaning more power to the ground. The disadvantage is at light cursing speed it lugs the motor down. Here is an example. If your cruising at 45mph and come upon a steep hill, the motor will lug and EGT's will climb, and feel like lack of power. You can change your driving habits to over come this kind of example. You could either lay on the skinny pedal hard enough to make it unlock and downshift, or turn on the tow/haul button on the gear selector, or take your foot off the gas,tap the break pedal, then lay on the skinny pedal just enough to make it downshift. The x-street won't keep the converter unlocked until you get below 40mph.

ID's x-street is a great tune for daily driving/week-end warrior it just take a little getting use to.

The x-race locks the converter when it hits 2nd gear, with the right driving habits it's good daily driver. The x-race is a great tune for those who want race/week-end warriors. It won't unlock the converter unless to lay on the skinny pedal real hard which lugs the motor and throws out black smoke before it unlocks and down shifts. Another way to unlock it is to get off the gas pedal, tap the brake and lay on the skinny.

The looney has the lock up characteristics of ID's regular street, but the power of the X-street. This is a great tune for someone who wants power but don't want to lug the motor down when the converter is lock in the lower gears/speed. Another great daily driving tune.

Right now I'm using the Looney Wild as my daily driver. By the seat of the pants feel, it is close in power to the x-race but without the early engagement of the converter being locked up.

These are all great tunes, it all boils down to your driving habits and what you want your truck to do for you. As far as daily driving tunes, it all comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM

lil pooh knows his stuff and is completely right, i had vivian alter my looney wild to have the shiftng characteristics of the extreme street, but it locks istarting in 3rd and not 4th, so if i'm driving 35mph it locks up. I've been getting better mpg in city driving which is a huge plus for me.

ahh the beauty of custom tuning.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
lil pooh knows his stuff and is completely right, i had vivian alter my looney wild to have the shiftng characteristics of the extreme street, but it locks istarting in 3rd and not 4th, so if i'm driving 35mph it locks up. I've been getting better mpg in city driving which is a huge plus for me.

ahh the beauty of custom tuning.
does eric and vivian charge $$ to alter their tunes.?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
The disadvantage is at light cursing speed it lugs the motor down. Here is an example. If your cruising at 45mph and come upon a steep hill, the motor will lug and EGT's will climb, and feel like lack of power
Great explanation, i get the same exact thing. But, i get that on the SRL tune, my xtreme street tune is used as my DD and i havent had it happen

I'm not saying the SRL tune is bad either, it's actually one of my fav. but i havent been using it because of the above scenerio. I just think my truck has its own messed up personality I'm sure if i called, Matt would help me figure it out. Him and eric are very nice to deal with, i have to look into vivians tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.