RCD vs. Elite vs. Cass - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RCD vs. Elite vs. Cass

I'm thinking about upgrading my injectors and I'm looking for some opinions on what I should go with. All the supporting mods will be done at the same time (AD2, ITP RR). Important: I will be running whichever injectors with a stock turbo until I can afford one. I do have studs and an EGR delete.

RCD: Heard some mixed reviews about them. Good and bad, but seems like more bad then good. The people that do have good luck with seem to love them and swear by them. The people with the bad experiences seem to swear at them. I can get RCD 155's for $1500 or 205's for $1700. Prices according to their website.

Elite: 8 hole nozzle seems to be a hit. All good reports from what I've heard. More expensive then RCD. I can get 155's for $3130 or 205's for $3670. Prices according to their website.

Casserly: Heard that Ryan is building the best injectors out there. I heard he builds his injectors using brand new, not reman, cores. I've heard also that he's not doing 6.0 injectors anymore? Is that true? Ryan's 190's are $3595 according to his website.

Why are Elite and Cass almost double the price? You gettin what you pay for? Should I take the chance with RCD?

Would all these options be safe to run with a stock turbo until I can afford one? It will be around May till I could get one. I won't be towing anymore since I bought a dually, mostly normal highway driving and commuting to school, work and home.

The AirDog2 can support all of these injectors correct?

Who has the best customer service and offers a warranty?

Whose making decent amount of power with either of the three injectors? I'm not looking to break any records, but I'd like to know that either of the three could potientally get to 500hp.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Without reading... Go with Casserly.

I'm not a 6.0 guy but word has it his sticks are top notch. And stay away from RCD, they've been known to have problems with their injectors.

If Cass is no longer building 6.0 injectors I don't know about it. Someone more informed with the 6.0 aftermarket will have to confirm that.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You get what you pay for when it comes to 6.0 injectors.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 AM

Cass does do injectors again. The reason he is so much more is because he used new ford reman injectors insted of modifying someone elses injectors. Ryan had a very good warranty and will stand behind his product. He will make things right if there is a proble, RCD seems to have a problem doing that. As for elite they make good injectors too it's just if you want to deal with their crapy customer service or not.

For a stock turbo I would only go up to 155s or 175s.

Only a ad2 will be fine.

You won't find better customer service than Ryan Casserly.

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 01-03-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My RCD's lasted 5k and they are trying to blame me for the problems because I am not a journeyman heavy duty tech, so I must have put them in wrong!!! If I am so dumb why is my Ex running like a top with new Ford injectors, that I put in!
You will be throwing your money away if you go with them!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
Cass does do injectors again. The reason he is so much more is because he used new ford reman injectors insted of modifying someone elses injectors. Ryan had a very good warranty and will stand behind his product. He will make things right if there is a proble, RCD seems to have a problem doing that. As for elite they make good injectors too it's just if you want to deal with their crapy customer service or not.

For a stock turbo I would only go up to 155s or 175s.

Only a ad2 will be fine.

You won't find better customer service than Ryan Casserly.
I'll eventually be getting a powermax over the summer and I won't be driving it much till then. Maybe 2x a week if that. What would I need to be monitoring? Doesn't Adam Brannan run 190's on his truck with just a stock turbo? He tows doesn't he?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Casserly is the only place I would go for injectors of any kind.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
one day at a time

RCD builds used injectors and that's what leads to very spotty workmanship. You never know if you're getting injectors that were high mileage in the first place and will have a short life, or you got a low mileage set with lots of life left. That is why the price is lower than the rest.

Elite will use new reman injectors if you purchase the longest warranty they offer (I'm not sure if this is still their practice or if they've discontinued using used injectors with their shorter warranty sales). They build good injectors but like anything some will have problems. Their customer service after the sale has been questionable by many for years.

Casserly (full force diesel) will now only build injectors starting with new Ford remans. His injector tips are also a completely new tip machined from scratch, not a stock tip that is EDM'd or extrude honed for improved flow. The advantage of starting with a new machined tip is they don't seem to be prone to cracking or coming apart like the OEM tips once they are EDM'd or honed. Casserly also has the best name in injectors when it comes to customer service. He has been known to bend over backwards to take care of a customer before AND after the sale.

Another builder to throw in to the mix is Hypermax. They do not sponsor any forums that I'm aware of. They do really good work as well. But with them you also get what you pay for. They will modify used injectors, but they are more expensive than RCD for this. They also have a better reputation for reliability. If you spend the extra money they will also start with new remans. They leave that choice up to you. You have to call them and discuss your options with Ron before proceeding. They don't show anything but their stage 1 injector mod on their website and there is a reason for it. They want to talk to every customer first and explain options and benefits/draw backs to everything up front.

Hope this helps. Also I wouldn't go any bigger than 190cc's on a street truck with a single turbo if you want to have decent driving manners. The bigger you go the hotter it will run. Towing a decent size load with 190's and even a modded VGT turbo will push EGT's in to the caution, if not danger zone. It's doable, but I'd suggest straight water injection if you choose 190's and tow a lot. 155's are perfect for most people. They provide a noticeable bump in power and don't tow very hot. 175's are of course a compromise between the two. 190cc's is a big injector on these trucks. Anything over 190cc's I would consider huge.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM

That's where I'm going
Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 AM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Casserly is the only place I would go for injectors of any kind.

That would be my choice as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.