Originally Posted by Steven06
First I would like to thank everyone in advance for their help. I recentally purchased an 06 f350 drw. This is my first powerstroke it is also my first ford I am completely new to this. I have had several dodge cummins over the year and am not new to diesels only fords. I am looking for any info y'all can provide about what to look out for with this truck. I was also looking for advice on some mods for it. The truck will be my daily driver/tow rig as I use it as a ranch truck as well. I am looking for the best milage and towing performance I can get on a budget where should I start? I don't want a 13 second drag truck just a reliable truck that can do what I need it to. Again thanks for all your expetise.
1. Gauges-Gauges-Gauges O did is say gauges this is a must something like the Edge Insight great tool need to know the difference in EOT-ECT max is 15* after running 20-30 minutes at 55-60 freeway speed if close your oil cooler and EGR cooler are getting plugged.
2. Coolent filter to remove the casting sand and other junk in the coolent.
3. Fuel pressure gauge below 45lbs kills injectors.
4. Syn oil and a oil by-pass these injectors like clean oil.
5. Coolent flush remove the Ford Gold cxxp coolent and install ELC coolent to save your coolers.
Hope this helps