Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Warren, Oregon
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First I would like to thank everyone in advance for their help. I recentally purchased an 06 f350 drw. This is my first powerstroke it is also my first ford I am completely new to this. I have had several dodge cummins over the year and am not new to diesels only fords. I am looking for any info y'all can provide about what to look out for with this truck. I was also looking for advice on some mods for it. The truck will be my daily driver/tow rig as I use it as a ranch truck as well. I am looking for the best milage and towing performance I can get on a budget where should I start? I don't want a 13 second drag truck just a reliable truck that can do what I need it to. Again thanks for all your expetise.
1. Gauges-Gauges-Gauges O did is say gauges this is a must something like the Edge Insight great tool need to know the difference in EOT-ECT max is 15* after running 20-30 minutes at 55-60 freeway speed if close your oil cooler and EGR cooler are getting plugged.
2. Coolent filter to remove the casting sand and other junk in the coolent.
3. Fuel pressure gauge below 45lbs kills injectors.
4. Syn oil and a oil by-pass these injectors like clean oil.
5. Coolent flush remove the Ford Gold cxxp coolent and install ELC coolent to save your coolers.
Hope this helps
06 F350 4x4 PSD Lariat FX4 CC LB
Edge Insight CTS Expandable Pyro
AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Delo ELC Coolant
Coolant Filtration System
pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp 4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
A piller EGT,Boost,Trans
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.