where to buy injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
where to buy injectors

hi guys i have a 03 6 liter and ibelieve i have a bad head gasket. i want to change everything over to new parts while the engine is a parts. the truck only has 100,000 km on it. I want new performance injectors but can i pull a load with performance injectors??? I have all new black oxidzed gaskets and apr studs and an egr delete kit to go in but i want to do everything at once. Do the injectors have to come out to do a head gasket??? what else would you up grade while the engine is getting a head gasket install and where would be the cheapest place to buy injector and what ever else i should replace. I have the studs and egr delete kits and gaskets all ready. Is the high pressure oil pump on the top of the motor or is it in the oil pan. Its going into a shop to get the work done so what ever i should replace please tell me. Its going in for a head gasket. Also where is the oil coolers on these truck. does the oil cooler have to come off when there doing a head gasket or not????? THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS

Last edited by bedrockbobcat; 01-02-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

Injectors do have to come out of the heads when doing gaskets.

The oil cooler is underneath the oil filter housing in the valley.

Injectors....you get what you pay for. If you aren't planning on increasing the size of the injector, just get stock remans from Ford (ebay). If you want an upgraded injector, look at Full Force Diesel. They aren't cheap, but well worth the investment.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree with what bondsman said, IMHO the best injector is Casserly at Full force. not cheap, but worth it. I am saving for his 190's
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Innovative or Casserly Injectors are the only way to go. They both modify newly remanufactured Ford injectors. If you pull loads, I would go with some 8-Hole 155's and a PowerMax Turbo.

You will also need an AirDog 2, and I would run a good 5W-40 synthetic oil; Both to keep the injectors happy and healthy.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I didn't know there was anyone else to get injectors from other than Full Force Diesel! Yes, you get what you pay for, and trust me, with Casserly at Full Force, you will get your money's worth, plus Customer Service is surpassed by none! That is my experience. If you want the best, you gotta pay for it.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrockbobcat View Post
hi guys i have a 03 6 liter and ibelieve i have a bad head gasket. i want to change everything over to new parts while the engine is a parts. the truck only hasONLY 100,000 km on it. I want new performance injectors but can i pull a load with performance injectors???Yes. Depending on the turbo stay under 180cc injectors. I have all new black oxidzed gaskets and apr studs and an egr delete kit to go in but i want to do everything at once. Do the injectors have to come out to do a head gasket??? what else would you up grade while the engine is getting a head gasket install and where would be the cheapest( you do not want cheapest when it comes to injectors. get elite diesel, or even better, full force diesel injectors) place to buy injector and what ever else i should replace. I have the studs and egr delete kits and gaskets all ready. Is the high pressure oil pump on the top of the motor or is it in the oil pan.on top under the oil filter housing and intake. Its going into a shop to get the work done so what ever i should replace please tell me. Its going in for a head gasket. Also where is the oil coolers on these truck. does the oil cooler have to come off when there doing a head gasket or not????? THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS
Comments^^^^^^^^^^

Since you want an increase in performance and still tow. It would be better to upgrade the turbo, then injectors. If you get injectors you will not help the truck towing characteristics (egt's). I recommend getting the powermax.

Elite diesel also has "high efficiency" injector. It is a stock injector but with an upgraded, more efficient tip. Full force can make what ever cc size you want.

If you upgrade the turbo and or injectors you will need custom tuning. innovative, quicktricks, gearhead.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cheap is not the way to go with injectors. Ryan Casserly is who I recommend.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Misread above. The hpop is on top of the motor at the back under the turbo. It is all easy access if you are removing your heads anyways.
Just like everyone has said.... Cass is the man when it comes to injectors. I am running 190s with the powermax and it is great. The sound that turbo make is amazing and it clears up the egts pretty quick. Some of the vendors on here sell Full Force Diesel injectors. just hit them up... you can get an even better deal when you add more stuff to your order.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Don't forget to upgrade your fuel system as well and I would also suggest an in-cab fuel pressure gauge. You would be amazed at what your fuel pressure does at WOT or just when you push the skinny pedal a little harder then normal. It can even get a little crazy when your fuel level gets too low. Gauges are cheap compared to burning up injectors.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Don't forget to upgrade your fuel system as well and I would also suggest an in-cab fuel pressure gauge. You would be amazed at what your fuel pressure does at WOT or just when you push the skinny pedal a little harder then normal. It can even get a little crazy when your fuel level gets too low. Gauges are cheap compared to burning up injectors.
True.... So true... Them injectors do get hungry...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.