Which fuel pump? Not an AD2... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which fuel pump? Not an AD2...

I am in the process of upgrading my fuel system. I really don't want an AirDogII because I am planning on upgrading my fuel lines. I am going to run -6AN from the bowl to the heads (eliminating the banjos), -6AN lines from the back of the heads to an aeromotive regulator as the regulated return. now I just want a fuel pump to piggyback the stock pump and maintain 60-65 psi. No point in paying for the AD2 when it really isn't needed. Plus, this way will give me a backup pump to get me buy should one pump fail.

I know everyone is promoting the AD or the FASS. I just think it will be more beneficial to upgrade all the lines to allow more volume to reach the injectors first. I may just do that with the stock pump and see what it will push. The AD is just too expensive for a pump and i can't justify dropping that kind of dough on it and sleep well.

Is anyone running a Fuelab pump? Any other pumps out there other than Fass or AD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can buy a generic pump from jegs or summit.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:09 PM

the drivers side might be a pain without a banjo. are you just going to try and run a 90 degree fitting off the front? if i remember correct there is alot goin on right there lol. ill look again next time im in my shop. i like the idea of getting rid of the banjos. should be sweet
Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Premium Member

It will be interesting. I am figuring a m12 to -6 AN adapter at the head. Then run 3/8" line with AN fittings. Going to try a 90. If not, they have AN to banjo fittings which should flow more fuel than the 6.4 banjos. A friend of mine will be bringing his truck to my garage for some cab off work. I will mock it all up on his truck, we will make two sets of everything, put one on his and the other for mine.

Cab off is the way to go if you are working on these.. I built my garage behind my house specifically for lifting the cab. 14' ceiling height and I installed a Bendpak 2-post lift. I just don't know how I ever managed without it...
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM

I can vouch for the garage and two post lift...Kevin built every man's dream cave.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

Thanks Tom. Bet you didnt realize I had plans for your truck too... Cant wait to get that cab off..... Right now the 94.5 is in there getting an intercooler. It is going together pretty nicely. Chris is doing it right. Had to make him come in at midnight... Dedication
Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 AM

I was wondering who's rig you were referring too...lol I'm game when the time is right....soon...but when you're ready. Chris is a great kid....takes much from his ole' man.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Premium Member

He has been working hard on that intercooler install.. he is out in hampton today picking up the turbo compressor clamp. he should have it all installed minus the piping (we have to do some cutting/welding.). Then he can put his front end back together.

We did find that his vacuum pump was shot. He was telling me that his brakes were touchy. I was going to order him a booster but when he raised his hood, the vac pump pulley was tilted and it chewed 2 ribs off his belt by slingin them off the powersteering pump and the power steering pulley cut them off.. Pulled that vac pump and it was completely toast. Couldn't even move it by hand. Guess that was his squeaking problem...

Next is ball joints.. When we swapped the D60 in there, i didn't think about replacing the ball joints... Well, whoever bought the F350 with the IFS has some new ball joints...hehehe... After that, I will have my garage back. Have some work to do on the Edge (rear view camera) and i need to get my truck in there to do the Insight, CCV, figure out the clunk in the front (swaybar or trackbar bushings or shock mounts), and rewire my train horns. Dang kids need to hurry up..
Old 01-01-2011, 02:57 PM

I'm not in any hurry...especially with this weather we're having. I'm waiting for about 3K miles more then flush the coolant and pick up a few more items....then I'll be ready....probably later part of Feb or mid March...depending on how much driving I get done.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 AM

You can fit a 90* in there. But there is alot going on the drivers side. Routing the line coming off the 90* is the fun part, but since you have the cab off, it shouldnt be that bad. I would snap a pic, but my truck is also in the shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.