Buying used programmer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying used programmer

I have the bullydog programmer in my truck. I decided that I should get a moniter now. I priced out the bullydog outlook at $550 canadian. In the local classifieds, I see a 3 month old edge platinum with cts monitor for $400. I figure I can buy this new setup and sell my bullydog. My question is about the new edge setup. My truck is not insured so I cant hook it up to try it before buying. I know a guy that bought a bullydog, but there was no program on it. I see this edge is a plug in and leave in unit. Does anyone know if there is a way I can be sure this unit works? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
im gonna have to ask this but why would you go from a BD to an edge Plat? your not really going to get any kind of performance gains.. i would sell the BD and get yourself a custom tuned SCT for just 29 bucks more than the edge... then you would have to get some gauges.... but overall you would be way better off with the SCT than anything else you can buy....

as for the edge... only way to see if it works is to plug it in...

-Raul
Old 12-29-2010, 04:43 PM

The only reason I would buy this unit is to get the monitor. I dont know if these sct programmers are available in BC Canada where I reside. I am looking for a monitor to check the condition of my oil cooler. This used deal I can get seems like my cheapest option. I am happy with the bullydog unit, just lookin for a monitor.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you dont have to have anyone local to get a SCT.. we ship them to BC all the time... and the tunes get sent to you via email....

as far as a monitor is concerned the CTS is a good unit.. but you should also find out if it comes with the EGT probe since you will need that to monitor it...

-Raul
Old 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM

I read in here that the cts might not display all the paramaters That are available on it , on the 03/04 models. It appears that they have an update so they will read everything. Does anyone know if this is true? I would hate to buy one and have it not do all it is supposed to. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
If your happy with the bully dog. Why not get a edge insight. It is a monitor that will do everything you are talking about. It is a stand alone gauge package. A cheaper option would be the scangauge. as for avalibility of the sct in canada? Shawn, tyler, ivan to name a few have them on their trucks and are in canada so they are avalible.
Raul with stealth sells the insight as well.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Also to awnser you question about the edge. If it powers up, has all the cables associated with it you chould be fine. The edge attitude, a2, platinum and practically all the other models except the evoloution are not flash tuners they are modules that infact do not tune the truck in a flash maner. They fool the comptuer by giving false values misleading the stock programming to increase power. Kind of a half arsed way to tune something
Old 12-30-2010, 01:39 PM

Here's a nice programmer new under 400$ good monitoring also
Edge Evolution 15003 :: 05-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.