FICM Programed runs worse now......... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM Programed runs worse now.........

Me and a buddy of mine went last week to have our FICM units programed by Bill at PHP.... I had heard great things from this web site about him and this is the first time I have used info from here and been disappointed.. Both trucks used to have great cold starts and run great we just wanted better fuel econ.... Now after having the FICM tuned by PHP we both lost fuel econ and both trucks crank but run horrible in the morning (act like a cold 7.3).... I have emailed Bill 2 times and Andrew has Emailed 1 time with no replys from him. this was the biggest waste of money..... just wanted to inform and get ideas on how to make our trucks RIGHT again.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

2 emails and your calling him out? did you try calling him? did you put the heat inductive flash on? were your ficms going out to begin with?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2280 View Post
2 emails and your calling him out?
Kind of what I was thinking also. This might get interesting.......
Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Your best bet is to post on their forums and draw some attention to yourself. I did the email, call, PM, and support ticket run around and got nowhere. PHP knows their stuff about programming, but the communication is the pits and there's always an excuse. I have their performance FICM program too and it improved mileage just a slight bit and after a cold start the engine settles down faster to a good idle, but that could be because it's been modded to 58v. There were no power or responsiveness gains, I actually think it's worse in that regard.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM

IIRC on their website they say communications may be slow due to personal issues....FWIW.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:45 PM

brand new FICM units on both trucks...... and yes no one would ever answer my 10 plus calls either...... I am looking for feed back from people that can either help or give me Ideas not put me down I hope he will make it right and if so I will post positive things but It has been over a week with no reply phone or email don't make me happy when my daily driver i work out of is not running right because I paid someone to improve it. Thank you kwattro thats the prob I am having communication. thanks for the help.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Let me see if I can help you out in the morning
Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

Wow that's funny cause I called them today to praise how great my truck was running. You mentioned it runs horrible in the mornings? Is it only doing this when it's cold? If so you probably got the FICM tune that doesn't have the Inductive Heating. I tried both, one with the I/H and the other without. My truck to did what you described, but once it warmed up it drove fine, actually better. I would be patient and keep trying to reach them.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM

well mornings are the worst for sure i can not even drive until it has entered the normal area on the temp gauge because it knocks so but I lost power or my times got worse, my temps went up, my fuel millage went down, and it has a lag when towing or getting on the gas... Its really like it did the opposite it is supposed to on our trucks.... I know they can fix it they seemed to know his stuff and everyone talks great about them but he will not respond for me...... Thank you Dave I hope my next posts will be positive about having contact with PHP...
Old 12-29-2010, 06:08 PM

Check out the forum. Power Hungry Performance Forum If you have a problem, they WILL make it right. I think it took over 40 calls to get through to them before I ordered my chip. But when I did talk to Bill, he took all the time I needed to answer all my questions, without rushing me off the phone. Be patient (I know it is hard), Bill will fix your problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.