What can i do...??!!??? Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 08:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What can i do...??!!??? Help

Ok so i have a 2003 Stroke and i am about to finish up fixing it cause the hpop eff'd up and now i am about to be home from my deployment...planned on doing a couple mods.... my buddies at NTXdieselperformance.com are gonna do my 4 inch straight pipe... then im doing the stock intake zoodad mod...egr delete...stock alloys and leveling kit...

My question... Can i do a pretty tough tune with sct with no head studs for a little while as long as i stay far under 35 lbs of boost... i am gonna be towing my boat so i want a tow tune, economy and perhaps a pretty tough street tune...maybe a whimpy version of there xstreet... just until i feel like tearing down the truck....thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Can i do a pretty tough tune with sct with no head studs for a little while
I'm running XStreet without head studs. Been that way for about a year, and no ill effects. Now keep in mind, I don't really beat on my truck all the time either.

As soon as I save up the $$$$, I'll be doing the EGR Delete and having ARP's put in.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 AM

man that is one of the bests posts i have read yet on this forum lol.... ok so i should be good then as long as im light on the right foot.... what tunes exactly do you have on your truck.... i am thinking a tow tune and then a economy tune and then probly xstreet like you got... what kind of power can i expect out of those tunes if you know that at least the xstreet tune... thanks bro
Old 12-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
ok so i should be good then as long as im light on the right foot....
I'd like to say "yes" and it be the right answer, but the fact is, with the factory head bolts, your head gaskets and/or bolts could let go at any time, with a tune or without. Know what I mean?

Quote:
what tunes exactly do you have on your truck
Currently, I'm running Xtreme Street from Eric over at Innovative. It is my daily driver tune. I also have the regular "street" tune and the "tow" tune. All from Eric. As far as numbers, I can't remember what they are exactly, but I can say this with complete certainty....... The "street" or "Xtreme Street" tune will wake your truck up big time. The only way that I can explain it is like this; When I loaded the Xstreet tune, and took the wife for a ride, the exact words that came out of her mouth were "There is no good reason a truck this big should be this fast." It's pretty amazing.

As far as the Economy tune, I've never loaded it, and from what I've read, you'd be wasting your time if you did.

Anyway, I hope that helps. I'll look around and see if I can find some numbers for you...

Oh, BTW........ If you don't have gauges yet, you might wanna look into that as well. I don't have it, but I've heard great things about the Edge Insight......

Last edited by 0460; 12-24-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 PM

thats pretty helpfull stuff man thank you very much. I will be doing guages... isspro white face guages tranny temp and egt and boost of course.... anyways thank you on telling me the tunes and stuff also do you know what kind of mileage you get on the xtreme street. sorry for all the questions... if you could get me those numbers that would be great but if not that is cool too i will search on here for them... what kind of boost pressures you running and do your egts get up pretty high....

"There is no good reason a truck this big should be this fast." It's pretty amazing.

that right there is what i am looking for.... also i want to smoke my friend who has a gas hemi with a bully dog gt and a intake and exhaust so he will quit talking ****....lol know what i mean
Old 12-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not sure what kinda mileage I'm getting, and to be honest, I don't really care. LOL! As far as boost, I never see over 29-30lbs. Highest I've seen my EGT's is about 1200 or so. When I see that, I usually ease up on the skinny pedal a little. As far as your friend w/ the HEMI........I couldn't tell ya either way. I don't really know anything about em.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarityStroke15 View Post
thats pretty helpfull stuff man thank you very much. I will be doing guages... isspro white face guages tranny temp and egt and boost of course.... anyways thank you on telling me the tunes and stuff also do you know what kind of mileage you get on the xtreme street. sorry for all the questions... if you could get me those numbers that would be great but if not that is cool too i will search on here for them... what kind of boost pressures you running and do your egts get up pretty high....

"There is no good reason a truck this big should be this fast." It's pretty amazing.

that right there is what i am looking for.... also i want to smoke my friend who has a gas hemi with a bully dog gt and a intake and exhaust so he will quit talking ****....lol know what i mean

You might want to rethink this. Clogged oil coolers cause EGR coolers to fail and that is what pops head gaskets. Only way to know if your oil cooler is clogged is by monitoring ECT and EOT. I recommend you look at the Edge Insight for your monitoring needs. It is the best bang for the buck engine monitoring solution out there. It can display anything the computer monitors.

I ran DJ's Looney tune for 2.5 years with no head gaskets issues. Just because you are running a tune doesn't mean you need head studs. Delete your EGR setup and flush that Ford Gold coolant out of there and replace it with a CAT EC-1 rated ELC coolant if you want a dependable truck.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:15 AM

i know if i throw it too far close or past 35 psi im gonna blow the heads right off of it but definatly doing the coolant flush and then gotta get some new filters

what do you guys recommend
tranny
oil
fuel

other than that ya im running the tune then... its got 170+ thousand miles on it so i will have to baby it...but it was a shop truck and just hauled metal for my friends business and i know it was taken care of....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.