Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MBRP 6224 5" system installed! what next?? programmer??

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Snow4664 
#1 ·
:icon_ford:Well it was a cold dark day yesterday but i managed to do my first project on a diesel ever. Good time it was fairly easy except if youve never seen a vband before after i got that off the turbo the next hardest part was putting the downpipe in by myself, cakewalk after that with the exception of the near 0 temperature outside with only a halogen work light!! All said and done now im happy i put the muffler in and obviously no kitty and man do i love that beast under hard acceleration cant wait to be outside of the truck when it takes off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i gotta save for my next xmas gift ive been following up on the programmer info, my question is can i get a dash monitor that programs aswell or do i need to buy each one separate:icon_ford:?? :program:

#3 ·
Run the nut loose, and then you should be able to separate the clamp. the screw, shaft , or whatever you wanna call it, will slide back and pop out of the backside of the clamp. then wiggle the downpipe and it should pop off.

#4 ·
yah i was able to get the band off using a screwdriver, got it inbetwen the clamp and part os the flange. its real easy once youve done it once!

#6 ·
Run the nut loose, and then you should be able to separate the clamp. the screw, shaft , or whatever you wanna call it, will slide back and pop out of the backside of the clamp. then wiggle the downpipe and it should pop off.
Thanks guys that really helped. I was nervous to really shake it I didn't wanna break anything lol.

And as for your questions about the tuner and monitor in one, there is the sct live wire which does that but from what I have read the insight cs or cts are a better quality but they don't tune I have the cs and love it. My next purchase is gonna be a sct x3.

#5 ·
I bought the Edge CTS monitor, but now I'm thinking about investing in the Edge Evolution. I like the idea of monitoring and the ability to make program changes easily

#7 · (Edited)
Yea downpipe kicked my a$$ too... But worth every minute of it!! Absolutely love my exhaust! Best mod ever!

And it seems the best way to go for tuner and monitor is buy separately... Get the SCT x3 w custom tunes and an edge insight or cts to monitor..

#8 ·
I bought the Edge CTS monitor, but now I'm thinking about investing in the Edge Evolution. I like the idea of monitoring and the ability to make program changes easily
You want to stick with the Insight for monitoring and get the SCT X3 for tunes. Beside the fact that this combo is better for your truck because the SCT tunes are the only way to go with the 6.0 with everything in 1 if it gets stolen you lose your tuner and your gauges. With the X3 you download your tune and then you don't have to keep the tuner in the truck. Much harder to steal that way.

#9 ·
THANKS GUYS!! I TALKED TO VIVIAN VIA PM MOST LIKELY GONNA CALL HER THIS WEEK IF IT SNOWS TMRO THAT WAY I KNOW I CAN AFFORD IT!

#12 ·
Tuning would be a good idea. But if you can, plug both ends of the egr system and re-route the coolant, or spend the money on a delete kit. The eliminating or blocking egr exhaust flow should be you first mod. Tuning will alos keep the egr valve closed.

#13 ·
get an edge insight or mechanical guages before you do anything else man, you need to monitor temps that is a must! i prefer the edge insight, its a proven piece of equipment and can monitor a wealth of parameters to keep a watchful eye on your investment.

#14 ·
well i bought the sct already from vivian at quicktricks, it shipped today but i will order th insight in a week or two i dont plan on any long or hard trips in the near future not til january when we finally go sleddin up north. but i def wanna get the insight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.