Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

where to buy these parts??????????

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  coolman3030 
#1 ·
Hi guys where is the best place to buy new head gaskets kits and head studs? what is the best head gasket out there? I was also looking at putting in aftermarket injectors which ones would you recomend for a 6 liter diesel. Also where is the best place to buy new or remanafactured heads??? who would you buys these parts through and who would have the best prices

#3 ·
I'm going to be honest... Head studs and black onyx HG's i would buy on ebay... cant sell a product claiming it is ARP/ black onyx unless it is.. and it is about as cheap as you can get for them. I think if you haven't done it yet.. look into the "6.0 solution" cost 1350.. but it's HG's, studs, egr delete, oil cooler. As for injectors.. there is a 70hp set on ebay for like 2600... alot of people don't like ebay, but i do.. when it is brand new you cannot sell a name brand item on there if it isnt that actual name brand.. and 9 times out of 10... it's cheaper than a diesel performance company.

#4 ·
Browns Diesel for the studs $399 plus shipping. Factory gaskets and new heads from Tousley Ford. I don't know if new gaskets come in the head kits or not.

Ryan Casserly for injectors http://shop.fullforcediesel.com/ NONE better on the planet and NO better customer service. PERIOD.

#5 ·
IMO I would stay far far away from injectors off eBay. If you have ever delt with aftermarket injectors you would agree with me. And 70hp injectors for 2300? 155s are about 100hp and they are on the small side and you can get then from river city diesel for 1500. (not recommending them I'm just saying) injectors can cause all sorts of problems if not made correctly. Ryan is the best and has the BEST customer service end of story. You won't find a bad review about him.

#6 ·
I would agree with the injectors, but kinda hard to go wrong with black onyx gaskets and arp studs off of ebay.. cant really fabricate or mess those up if they are publicized as BRAND NEW.

As for injectors.. i just said i saw them on ebay =) i wouldn't buy them there lol..

#8 ·
while on this topic, RCD has 205cc injectors.. i'm trying to find a injector that is moderate for power.. 450-550... i currently have a a S&B CAI, 4inch DP-kitty delete-5inch back... and edge evolution on extreme tune 100hp 200ftlbs. trying to get a list together of future mods.. i don't know jack about injectors, but would like to build up to 500hp at wheels. any insight on 205's? seem like best bang for buck from RCD

#9 ·
First get custom tunes. Ether send your evo into PHP or get a SCT. And with stock fuel system and stock turbo 205s are way way over kill and will kill your truck. 205s can suport 600. If all you want is 500 then go with 155s with a powermax.

Sorry for the derail!! If you want more info pm me.

#10 ·
did i mention i want smoke? lol i've even contemplated a smoke switch to kill VGT at flick of a switch.. but that is HORRIBLE for your turbo vanes i hear.. so nevermind that idea.. but i would like to be able to produce a black cloud on command more than the standard burst

#12 ·
the black onyx gaskets are the exact same as the victor reinz gaskets. car quest can get them for less than the "black onyx" stuff they run 60 a side or less. browns diesel is the cheapest place to get the studs. you can find cheap egr deletes online but i would reccomend getting a new oil cooler while you are doing the studs as insurance. as for injectors that is easy id go with ryan casserly. they are more expensive but piece of mind is woth the pennies. as for your power goals 150cc injectors coupled with the powermax turbo should hit 500hp nicely. 190cc and a powermax would also be ok but no larger unless you plan to use this truck as a toy and throw your ball and hitch in the trash. talk to bill or corey at power hungry performance they can get your edge evo up to snuff with custom tuning. your goal of 500hp is reasonable and can be done and still a daily driver

#13 ·
First coast diesel performance for gaskets and studs awesome service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.