Innovative's street vs canned street - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
RZR007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Innovative's street vs canned street

I have both the SRL and the extreme street. The extreme street runs a little better than the SRL on my truck. (Both great tunes by the way)

Anyways, I'm looking for something "safer" than the extreme street. I've seen boost passed 30 psi. And I'm a little spooked. I'm wondering how much better Innovative's street tune is vs the canned street tune.

Thanks guys

2006 F-250 XLT Crew Cab
Zoodad mod
BB mod
Coolant Filter
Cat Delete
MBRP 4" Turbo back
SCT
Fuel, Trans, Pyro, and Boost Gauges
2.5" leveling kit
Upgraded banjo bolts
Kenwood w back up cam
Alot of prayer
RZR007 is offline  
post #2 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
pizza pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any custom tune is light years ahead of the canned tunes. I know a bunch of people running Erics Street tune daily and they love it.
pizza pig is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
wetnsloppy4x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you're worried about your truck then you should probably stay stock.

I see 30 psi from time to time on Erics X-strt. Not concerned a bit. It happens. If it's a concern, then there's an easy fix. Lift your right foot......

Seriously, if you can't afford or aren't prepared for the possibility of needing studs and a delete, tunes of any sort probably should wait.

06' F-250 Harley Davidson CC SB #19
6" lift, tuned, intake, exhaust, gauges, on 37x13.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Sinister RR, Powermax, Liberator Solid-Y pipe, GoGo Stage 1.

Still to do: ARPs, ADII, Hellman Sump
wetnsloppy4x is offline  
post #4 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
RZR007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnsloppy4x View Post
If you're worried about your truck then you should probably stay stock.

I see 30 psi from time to time on Erics X-strt. Not concerned a bit. It happens. If it's a concern, then there's an easy fix. Lift your right foot......

Seriously, if you can't afford or aren't prepared for the possibility of needing studs and a delete, tunes of any sort probably should wait.
What are you kidding me???? Did you even read the question? I think the question is about the differences in the 2 street tunes, not if I can afford or if I am prepared...........

2006 F-250 XLT Crew Cab
Zoodad mod
BB mod
Coolant Filter
Cat Delete
MBRP 4" Turbo back
SCT
Fuel, Trans, Pyro, and Boost Gauges
2.5" leveling kit
Upgraded banjo bolts
Kenwood w back up cam
Alot of prayer
RZR007 is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Premium Member
 
SickStroke6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,691
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dang it man, I can't figure it out. I have an '03 turbo, EGR delete, ARP's, and I still can't make her boost over 30 PSI. And you guys with stock studs and EGR are making 30+?

Blake

2013 F-150 CCSB Oxford White FX4 EcoBoost
Loaded with every option...

2008 F-250 CCSB Dark Copper King Ranch 6.4L FX4
4" MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler (DPF/DOC Delete), Modded Stock Intake, H&S XRT Pro
SickStroke6.0 is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
06powerstroke06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Dang it man, I can't figure it out. I have an '03 turbo, EGR delete, ARP's, and I still can't make her boost over 30 PSI. And you guys with stock studs and EGR are making 30+?
Every truck is diffrent, my 06 only makes 29. Just because there is more boost doesn't mean there is more power. The stock charger is most efficant between 25-28 I have heard
06powerstroke06 is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
wetnsloppy4x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR007 View Post
What are you kidding me???? Did you even read the question? I think the question is about the differences in the 2 street tunes, not if I can afford or if I am prepared...........
No. I am not kidding. Yes I read the question, and answered it.

You are worried about fukin something up on X-strt and want to switch to canned tunes. The fact that you are concerned about seeing 30 psi says that you either aren't prepared to or are unwilling to look at studs, etc.

I'm not trying to come across as a dick. My opinion stands. If you don't wanna worry about fukin something up, don't tune it. Otherwise leave it on X-strt and forget about it.

If you just can't sleep at night and just have to be tuned, call Eric and ask which tunes have the least timing and lowest cylinder pressures. You're probably going to find out those are the tow tunes.

Seriously I'm not trying to be a dick. You need to consider the irony of running custom tunes but being leary of ****in something up.

06' F-250 Harley Davidson CC SB #19
6" lift, tuned, intake, exhaust, gauges, on 37x13.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Sinister RR, Powermax, Liberator Solid-Y pipe, GoGo Stage 1.

Still to do: ARPs, ADII, Hellman Sump
wetnsloppy4x is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
RZR007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnsloppy4x View Post
No. I am not kidding. Yes I read the question, and answered it.

You are worried about fukin something up on X-strt and want to switch to canned tunes. The fact that you are concerned about seeing 30 psi says that you either aren't prepared to or are unwilling to look at studs, etc.

I'm not trying to come across as a dick. My opinion stands. If you don't wanna worry about fukin something up, don't tune it. Otherwise leave it on X-strt and forget about it.

If you just can't sleep at night and just have to be tuned, call Eric and ask which tunes have the least timing and lowest cylinder pressures. You're probably going to find out those are the tow tunes.

Seriously I'm not trying to be a dick. You need to consider the irony of running custom tunes but being leary of ****in something up.
I took your first comment wrong... I apologize... And thank you for your input.

With extreme street I can be driving along on the highway and just squeeze my toes to go around someone, and hit 35 psi. Now the EGT's are between 700-1000 when I do this. (it does not down shift) This is my concern.

2006 F-250 XLT Crew Cab
Zoodad mod
BB mod
Coolant Filter
Cat Delete
MBRP 4" Turbo back
SCT
Fuel, Trans, Pyro, and Boost Gauges
2.5" leveling kit
Upgraded banjo bolts
Kenwood w back up cam
Alot of prayer
RZR007 is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Premium Member
 
SickStroke6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,691
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
Every truck is diffrent, my 06 only makes 29. Just because there is more boost doesn't mean there is more power. The stock charger is most efficant between 25-28 I have heard
Very good point, thanks for the input! Maybe the fastest trucks only hit 29 PSI.

Blake

2013 F-150 CCSB Oxford White FX4 EcoBoost
Loaded with every option...

2008 F-250 CCSB Dark Copper King Ranch 6.4L FX4
4" MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler (DPF/DOC Delete), Modded Stock Intake, H&S XRT Pro
SickStroke6.0 is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
wetnsloppy4x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Dang it man, I can't figure it out. I have an '03 turbo, EGR delete, ARP's, and I still can't make her boost over 30 PSI. And you guys with stock studs and EGR are making 30+?
30+? No. I dont see 30 all that often. Depends on the weather mostly. Some days it only sees 20. And yea, every truck is a little different.

edit: Me thinks my sarchasm meter is a little slow today.....BTW, yes, only the REAL fast see 29 psi. If you only see 28 your truck is slooooowww.

06' F-250 Harley Davidson CC SB #19
6" lift, tuned, intake, exhaust, gauges, on 37x13.50x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Sinister RR, Powermax, Liberator Solid-Y pipe, GoGo Stage 1.

Still to do: ARPs, ADII, Hellman Sump

Last edited by wetnsloppy4x; 12-13-2010 at 04:37 PM.
wetnsloppy4x is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome