It's about that time. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's about that time.

Well i finally popped my gaskets Friday night Blowin the doors off my friends cummins. So i guess now it's time for Some new gaskets and ARPs

As of now i will hopefully be doing this cab off so what i'm looking for from you guys is the procedure to get my cab in the air.

And another question is, Saturday i noticed the antifreeze on my Driver coil and suspension parts. popped the hood and only saw a tad bit on my degas bottle and my level was just a little below my min line, Didn't drive the truck yesterday and this morning before i left i let the truck warm up for bout 10 minutes and checked the level before i left same spot. when i got to work this morning there wasn't coolant pushed out... How long do i have till i F something up?

Moneys tight and it's gonna take me a good couple days to save up $400 for my studs plus money for odd things....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSTROKIN' View Post
Well i finally popped my gaskets Friday night Blowin the doors off my friends cummins. So i guess now it's time for Some new gaskets and ARPs

As of now i will hopefully be doing this cab off so what i'm looking for from you guys is the procedure to get my cab in the air.

And another question is, Saturday i noticed the antifreeze on my Driver coil and suspension parts. popped the hood and only saw a tad bit on my degas bottle and my level was just a little below my min line, Didn't drive the truck yesterday and this morning before i left i let the truck warm up for bout 10 minutes and checked the level before i left same spot. when i got to work this morning there wasn't coolant pushed out... How long do i have till i F something up?

Moneys tight and it's gonna take me a good couple days to save up $400 for my studs plus money for odd things....

I don't see anything in your sig that says you are monitoring your ECT and EOT. Is that just an omission or are you truly running blind? Don't get ahead of yourself buying parts till you know what the problem really is. Have it checked for hydrocarbons in the degass bottle.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM

How/Where would i go about doing this?

And yes i know its bad but i'm running Blind man. i was monitoring with my edge, but i got an SCT for Free so i put it on. an insight is in my to do list.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm confused now. Do you leave your SCT plugged in? Why not run the Edge in stock mode just to monitor?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 AM

No i have a SF3, plug in load tune unplug. It's the edge juice with attitude platinum edition and i was told i couldn't put it on stock and use it to monitor so i took it all off and now have no gauges with my sct
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
you can use just the monitor, i used to before i got my DP and gauges

a local guy is running blind too, he has TOO MUCH done to his 7.3, but yet he still dont think he needs gauges
Old 12-13-2010, 02:32 PM

Hook that edge back up and leave it stock. Dont know why someone would tell you that Plenty of people do it without issue
Old 12-13-2010, 03:20 PM

I'm doing my gaskets now myself and went with all the recommended parts and had the heads checked out. I'm over $3k deep. The heads need more than I was expecting and the local Ford dealer charges list price. Bondsman sent me a list to remove the cab and it's right on. I'll pass it on but I need your email address.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer48 View Post
Hook that edge back up and leave it stock. Dont know why someone would tell you that Plenty of people do it without issue
Many trucks won't even let the SCT read the strategy with the Edge JP hooked up. I know this first hand.

Some have said you can disconnect the Edge, flash with the SCT, then hook up the Edge again (set to stock) to monitor. I never tried it but I have my doubts whether the Edge is still affecting some settings even set back to "stock". After my experience with the Edge, I just don't get a warm fuzzy that it will be "out of the loop" in every kind of way aside from paramater monitoring.

OP, are you sure your gaskets went? Coolant all over the driver side suspension screams coolant cap.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 AM

Harley are you doing the job yourself and your in for 3K or the shops doing it and thats with parts and labor??? What were the problems with your heads? and check you PM

And sloppy, Are you saying my cap could be weak? or are you saying the coolant came from the cap? Bc when the gaskets go it pukes from the cap, from pressure in the coolant system leaking in from the cylinders if i'm not mistaken?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.