Installation Of Pillar Pod Gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installation Of Pillar Pod Gauges

how much would it cost total to buy and install a triple guage (fuel pressure, boost, EGT) pillar pod gauges

Last edited by 8300johndeere; 12-12-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This would all depend on what brand name gauges you want. If you spend the money on a high end gauges, you might as well go with the Edge CS or CTS that will allow you to monitor more of the motor.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You could get the Edge Insight or more $$$$ Edge CS or CTS. If you go with the A piller and good gauges you will be into way more + about 2 days on an install the Edge is plug and play just have to get a dash pod to hold it + it will give you a ton of information
2 stroker
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 AM

I got my buddy some autometer procomps off of ebay with the 3 pod pillar mount for around 250.00. If analog is the way you want to go.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Can the insight get fuel psi? The install is a few hours not 2 days. I was screwing around and installed the 3 pillar pod on my 04 ins about 4hrs. Drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold, pulled the intake manifold drilled and tapped it, painted the pod and assembled and wired it in my garage. When I get around to it next time I have a different plan of attack on the wiring... Piggy back the power supply on the lighting. Less wire and faster. Didn't know and/or think about this the first time.
Be sure you know this!!! There are 2 kinds of fuel psi gauges. One requires a sender box and I believ is called a mechanical fp gauge. They are the cheaper ones. Go for the electronic sender. They are usually more money but by the time you get all the stuff you need to make it work they cost about the same. I choose to use isspro ev series gauges. They were a budget set. If I had to do it again I would have gotten the ev2 series. (My fuel psi gauge is a ev2). They look ok together and the ev2 is more money but they are better gauges. I think I paid right at $300 bucks for a egt, trans, and boost gauge + pod and paint to my door. Then spent about 100 bucks on a fp gauge. I also bought a 4 pod pillar for the new truck.
I personally like the analog gauges but will likely get a insight to go with the gauges I have. Can't monitor to much in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.