MBRP INSTALLED!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MBRP INSTALLED!!!

First off, I absolutely love the sound and performance that thing offers!!

However, the install was not easy! It took about 2 hrs to get the stock down pipe out, lots of cutting to do so, and removing the passenger side sway bar end link. Secondly, my kit was lacking the hardware kit that has clamps and hangers! SO i had to go to the local auto store and buy 6 clamps and that cost me $30! Also, the kit wasnt an exact fitment and required some modifications... It was about a 1' to long in the middle where the muffler should have been, and the the tip fitment to get the exhaust into the last hanger and also required a lil modification which included unbolting the hanger from the chasis... After getting the stock down pipe out though it was fairly easy though. Thank goodness for a plasma cutter though!

Total de-install and install took about 4 hrs, but was worth it. I couldnt be any more satisfied. Sounds amazing, and the butt test likes the results as well!

I dont have a tip on it just yet, but will be welding one prolly later this week!

Anyone still on the fence about an exhaust will not be disappointed and you and truck both will be in love with it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Post some pics of your new ride. Sounds like Santa came early this year. Congrats........
Old 12-06-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1096 View Post
Post some pics of your new ride. Sounds like Santa came early this year. Congrats........
I will try and get some posted soon... Yea santa came through for my Bday!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:17 AM

Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM

It sounds like maybe they sent you the wrong kit???

First I have ever heard of having fitment issues with MBRP, and my own personal one went on perfect -- fits better than the factory exhaust!

What did you do for hangers if your kit didn't have them? I think I would have a talk with MBRP about this one...

Adam
Old 12-07-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89MustangGX View Post
It sounds like maybe they sent you the wrong kit???

First I have ever heard of having fitment issues with MBRP, and my own personal one went on perfect -- fits better than the factory exhaust!

What did you do for hangers if your kit didn't have them? I think I would have a talk with MBRP about this one...

Adam
I went to the local parts store and bought clamps and made some hangers for the time being... I ordered it through MKM and talked to them on Saturday about it when I was installing it and they said to call back Monday. I talked to them yesterday and MBRP is overnighting me the hardware kit that was left out initially.

Not exactly sure if it was the wrong kit or not.. Everything fit how it was supposed to be and looks fine, except for the one pipe where the muffler should be was too long.. Wasnt a big deal to cut that pipe, i was most mad about the fact that I had to go the parts store and spend $30 on hardware, just to take it back off and not have a use for it once the MBRP hardware gets here today...
Old 12-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Serving Our Country!

The reason one pipe was too long is to account for different wheel bases. I think in the instructions it tells what pipes to cut to match the wheel base you have. Did you get a 4" or 5"?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1ftx View Post
The reason one pipe was too long is to account for different wheel bases. I think in the instructions it tells what pipes to cut to match the wheel base you have. Did you get a 4" or 5"?
4", and I agree that the different lengths for the different wheelbases, but wouldnt they come w the correct pipes initially to match ur particular wheelbase?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I believe you may have gotten the muffler delete pipe and the long bed/crew cab extension mixed up. Mine bolted up fine with no problems.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaboy02powerstroke View Post
I believe you may have gotten the muffler delete pipe and the long bed/crew cab extension mixed up. Mine bolted up fine with no problems.
I didnt get it mixed up, when I ordered it I gave them specifics for what my truck was, I think when it was packaged it was mixed up.. But anyways, I made it work, and w no problems, just a longer install than most... But that just made me appreciate it more..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.