Shift on fly programmers leave footprint? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shift on fly programmers leave footprint?

i was wondering since i dont think that they can be reprogramming the computer they must be intercepting the signal and then changing it. and if they dont reprogram the computer can the dealer tell its been on there if you take it off before taking it to have warranty work done? just trying to find a way to have my cake and eat it too so to speak. since i gave in and bought the extended warranty for my problem truck, but i still want to actually be able to go over an overpass without losing 5MPH hailing a trailer. Probably going to go with a 4" MBPR(not sure if i got that right but i think you know what im talking about) turbo back exhaust if i dont have any trouble out of it for a couple months. or does anybody know any mod friendly dealerships in west texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

On some years forget when it stoped you can use the programer to return truck to stock then disconnect the battieries for 15-20 minutes with headlights on to drain down the capaciters. then when you hook the batteries back up all traces will be gone...
Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Do you know where i could find more information about what year models it works on? mine is an 05
Old 12-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i have had my truck in twice with my sct and returned it to stock and nothing was said either of the times. i didnt do the drain the battery thing. just returned to stock and drove it to the dealer
Old 12-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

search draining capaciters. I know it works on my 04
Old 12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I dont know i guess i could call the service department at my dealership and ask them of course without revealing who i am or specifics about my truck in case they are @$$holes about it and see how they are about mods. Its Sewell Ford in odessa TX if anybody has had experience with them and has some info.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i did this procedure once when the dealer was trying there hardest to screw me... they could not find that a tune ever was on the truck... but the draining battery procedure threw a ghost code(no CEL). so they said, it shows the batteries were disconnected recently etc...... oh well i dint budge and niether did they... they cleaned my turbo under warranty but told me not to come back..... i did not get a long with that dealer, now im in a different state and all the dealers are much friendlier.... i dont know if i had not disconnected the batts, if it would of been any different, but i know they were trying hard to prove i had a tune, and they could not..
Old 12-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

this dealership is great about customer service but they probably dont like me anymore cause i jumped their *** pretty bad about selling me a truck that had broke down so many times in only 5 months and didnt ever seem to run right and that i wanted to get out of it and get into a new one(at first they pretty much said i was SOL after the major @$$ chewing to the manager, they offered full trade in value with a bad internal oil cooler or to pay for the repair which worked better financially for me) i just think they may have a grudge against me cause when i went to buy the extended warranty none of the ones i talked to would look me in the eye or talk very much.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You will have to watch out because they can see when you disconnect the batteries from the truck and let all of the charge drain out of them. It throws a code that says that everything was recently reset and it causes the trucks computer memory to go down to a width of 0 from what I was told by my dealer, which means that it shows no running time since it was last reset or reprogrammed by the dealer. With this they will be suspicious of what you were doing to your truck and they may give you a hassle but there really is nothing that they can prove you did wrong. Trust me I have been there arguing with a dealer about problems and codes that had been thrown and because I detuned and reset everything and the computer cleared its cached memory they could not find any codes to address. Since my problems were intermittent they may not fix your issues.

Sorry for the long response just thought it would be very informative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.