improvements using SCT on Stock 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
improvements using SCT on Stock 6.0?

Just wondering if the SCT would or could increase hp, torque and or fuel mileage if you use one on a bone stock 6.0. I don't plan to make any changes to the stock set up other than add Coolant Filter setup,

Perhaps someone can chime in with their experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yes it will add all of the above if you can keep your foot out of the go pedal. Coolant filter is a great idea but I recommend you flush the gold coolant and replace with ELC. And without doubt qet yourself a monitoring solution like the Edge Insight so you can keep an eye on things. This is not an option on the 6.0 unfortunately. It is the only way to know if your oil cooler is clogging up on you.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the whole purpose of the SCT is to do all of the following you listed.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Edge CTS, and Coolant flush, Coolant filter

Yes, I forgot to mention

I forgot to mention the CTS is its way (not EGT at planned at this time since I dont plan to pump up the power), and I have aquired most the items needed for a proper flush/clean out. I want to install the CTS first, and see what numbers I have between EOT and ECT before the flush though.

No offence intended, I'm not sure as about the second comment, thats the reason I have asked for those who have tried, with a stock truck. I'm understanding when you make other mods (air intake, exhaust or injector size replacement etc), that is when I'm sure a program change could be noticable, or most noticable. So I'm looking for some input from those who have only added a SCT tune (which one) and what the out come was to a stock 6.0.

Last edited by Horsestrokin; 12-01-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have an 05 F250 ccsb lifted with 35's. The only mod I have done is a straight pipe. I have the SCT Livewire and love it! I am running the performance tune and it flat out runs! From a dead stop it will smoke the tires. On the highway running 65-70 I get 17-18mpg. I had a Superchips programmer for a while and I thought it did pretty good until I got the SCT. Night and day difference! You will be happy with the SCT.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:03 PM

I got exhaust on mine is all and I got SCT with cales 100hp daily driver and it was a huge improvement.Been running it for like two years now. I also got the 140 tune for it to but never played with it much cause don't have studs in yet.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:33 PM

i have completly stock right now mods are in my sig and it makes a big diff you will love it!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Thanks for your replies...

Ok, looks like everyone has one or more modification prior to the installation of the SCT. There must be others out there that maintained the same tire size, and stock truck, while trying out the SCT.

I wouldnt count early tighting or lockout of the torque converter as a power increase, Can others out here with negitive, neutral or positive performance experience chime in here? I'm intrested in hearing what your experience with changes in hp, torque, Fuel mileage, (gains/ losses/ or no change).
Old 12-01-2010, 08:07 PM

When I first got my sct i loaded it on the truck bone stock while i was waiting on my exhaust in the mail. I went through innovative for tunes on my SCT and it still hauled ***. An exhaust isnt going to change much just lower egts and a little power increase. I went through Stealth Automotive for my SCT X3 and 4" turbo back MBRP. Got a great deal on them both for just under 800 bucks.

So to answer your question, yes you will get great hp/tq gains with just a tuner. You should do some supporting mods as well but its not gonna kill anything to just run a tune on your truck in the mean time.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 AM

duc,

While waiting for the exhaust, did you run a custom tune already set up for the on coming exhuast modification? Or was it a standard loaded tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.