Best tuner? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best tuner?

Hey guys I am looking to buy a programmer for 6.0 and I am looking into SCT since I have experience with them in other vehicles but is there a better programmer for our trucks or is SCT the way to go? I only have CAI and exhaust right now.

My main question is who would be the best tuner for tunes with a programmer? I would need something strong but safe on my truck because I have a 10" lift with 38's on stock gears and all

Last edited by mad103; 11-27-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 03:59 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
When it comes to the 6.0L the SCT with custom tuning the the best way to go IMHO. It can be adjusted for your tire size, your style of driving. That is the beauty of custom tuning, it is tuned for you and what you are wanting out of your truck. I have run several of the different tuners here and I can't complain about any of the tunes I run. I am sure that there will be many folks chime in and they will all say SCT. There is also the Spartan Phalanx for the 6.0L. The only problem with that is they are the only ones who can write tunes for that tuner, unlike the SCT you can run tunes from many different tuners. I personally run an SCT on The Granny Truck. Good luck in your search for knowledge and power.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
use the search button but most will say innovative diesels xtreme street or gearheads srl on an sct
Old 11-27-2010, 04:31 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I can't say anything about other custom tunes, but I will say that I LOVE Matt's tunes. The SRL is sick, and the tow tunes were very nice pulling around 14,000lbs. I would suggest getting the 3 pack bundle from Matt, not much more than just the SRL tune.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just bought an X3 with the Edge insight CS. I don't know why i didn't go with SCT 2 years ago.....Got all of it from Innovative Diesel Products.

Oh, and get this....both Ted (sales) and Eric (tune writer) both were in contact with me on THANKSGIVING day to help me with an issue with my tunes. Now thats SERVICE!!

The SCT/Edge combo is GREAT. The power is amazing.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:09 PM

How much did they cost you guys? Programmer and tunes? I was looking at Dfuser.com and it is $399 for programmer and 6 custom tunes, anyone know much about them and their tunes?

It looks like it is between Eric, at innovative, and Matt, at gearhead, correct? Which of the two is more experienced with performance on a lifted vehicle? My main goal is to let my truck know that it is lifted and have it recover all the loss of power from the extra weight ... and some extra power would be nice without much risk of damage.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

SCT X3 was $429.00 and $299 for the Edge CS. Three custom tunes from Eric at IDP. $40 for the dash pod for the CS. $75 for the Edge egt probe. Money WELL spent.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i would go with innovative tunes over Dfusers tunes... if you make a pole and see what tuner the majority of the people have innovative would winds hands down...

SCT with custom tunes is going to run you 429.00.. until tomorrow the extreme tune will only run 50 bucks.. now the edge cs normally is 299.00 but until midnight tonight its 10% off with free overnight shipping...

you will need the egt probe with it: Edge Inisight CS

let me know if you have any questions

-Raul
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
SCT X3 was $429.00 and $299 for the Edge CS. Three custom tunes from Eric at IDP. $40 for the dash pod for the CS. $75 for the Edge egt probe. Money WELL spent.
Would I need all these items for some custom tunes? I am just interested in an x3 and custom tunes. Not really looking for any monitors, etc. at this time. How much for just the tunes? Dfuser sells x3 for $399, which so far is the best deal. I will just opt out of the 6 custom tunes.

I am also seeing alot of IDP's Extreme tune. Is that a generic custom tune? Would that work with lifted vehicles on stock gears, stock driveline, etc?

Last edited by mad103; 11-28-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad103 View Post
Would I need all these items for some custom tunes? I am just interested in an x3 and custom tunes. Not really looking for any monitors, etc. at this time. How much for just the tunes? Dfuser sells x3 for $399, which so far is the best deal. I will just opt out of the 6 custom tunes.

I am also seeing alot of IDP's Extreme tune. Is that a generic custom tune? Would that work with lifted vehicles on stock gears, stock driveline, etc?
I was going to stick with the canned tunes as well and skip the custom tunes, but I changed my mind and went with 3 custom tunes and, so far couldn't be happier. The power is great and the shifting is sweet.

I can't comment on the lifted truck question, as mine is stock height and tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.