My dear GF.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My dear GF....

Told me to pick out the exhaust i want!! How sweet of her! Debating on the Diamond Eye Turbo back... Single or Dual... W our w of out muffler.. I know I am going to get the "off road" which has the cat delete pipe. But what I want to know is how big of a difference is there in sound or performance in going w or w out the muffler? I know its already gonna be loud on an 03, but how much louder (or will it?) be w out a muffler? And any sound difference in dual vs single? I think i want dual for looks, but dont want her to break the bank though either... All input/sound clips appreciated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Also... How big off a difference is there in overall qaulity and longetivity in aluminized vs stainless... Note, I live in coastal SC and we seldom see snow, and hardly never salt the roads here.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
my stainless looks brand on my truck and my dads 6.4
i went with no cat no muffler. its loud on the outside but quiet in the cab. perfect sound. im debating a stack and just havent quite decided but my truck is currently DOWN. sucks but you will love the exhaust.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run the Summit Racing 4" s.s. exhaust on mine, I know it's not what your looking for but with them straight piped they all sound about the same. The summit muffler is a straight thru design. You can also go on YouTube to get a better idea of the system your looking at. The problem with your basic vidoe cameras are the sound quality isn't that great, things sound soo much better in real life.

Here is a before and after clip that I made. the first part is with a 4" turbo back exhaust with the summit muffler and no cat. The second part is 4" turbo back straight pipe. Single exhaust set up.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
my stainless looks brand on my truck and my dads 6.4
i went with no cat no muffler. its loud on the outside but quiet in the cab. perfect sound. im debating a stack and just havent quite decided but my truck is currently DOWN. sucks but you will love the exhaust.
Thanks... Sorry to hear your truck is down.. I wish her a speedy recovery!

I want to go alumized and duals w no cat and no muffler, but like i said i dont want to break her bank, and may go w single and stainless, but i dont know if i really need stainless being in SC. I would think aluminized would hold up well here since we very seldomly see snow and never see salted roadways..
Old 11-26-2010, 01:26 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i went aluminized because my brother has had his for 5 years and its holding up great in Iowa so i figured i wouldn't spend the extra cash for ss
Old 11-26-2010, 01:28 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Hold on hold up wait a minute. I have a few questions for you.

1. How long have you two been together?
2. Do you plan on keeping this girl for a very long time?
3. Are you ready to put a ring on this girls finger?
4. Does she realize how much the exhaust system costs?
5. Are you able to spend an equal amount on her?

You need to look at these questions think about them and then answer them. I am only doing this for your own good.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Hold on hold up wait a minute. I have a few questions for you.

1. How long have you two been together?
2. Do you plan on keeping this girl for a very long time?
3. Are you ready to put a ring on this girls finger?
4. Does she realize how much the exhaust system costs?
5. Are you able to spend an equal amount on her?

You need to look at these questions think about them and then answer them. I am only doing this for your own good.

Hahaha, all very legit questions... Im actually doing her a favor. She wanted to buy me a new Remington 1187 shotgun which is $800... So w getting me an exhaust system instead she is actually saving a little money. I didnt want her to spend that much on me anyway. We have been together for over a year now, yes i plan on keeping her (shes kinda cool), a ring on her finger is a possiblilty, she realizes how much exhaust costs and said for me to get what I want rather its single, dual, aluminized or stainless, and yes I am able to spend equal amount on her and have spent thousands on her over the past yr or so...
Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
I run the Summit Racing 4" s.s. exhaust on mine, I know it's not what your looking for but with them straight piped they all sound about the same. The summit muffler is a straight thru design. You can also go on YouTube to get a better idea of the system your looking at. The problem with your basic vidoe cameras are the sound quality isn't that great, things sound soo much better in real life.

Here is a before and after clip that I made. the first part is with a 4" turbo back exhaust with the summit muffler and no cat. The second part is 4" turbo back straight pipe. Single exhaust set up.
YouTube - 6.0 powerstroke straight pipe before/after
Thanks... I didnt notice much of a difference between the muffler and straight piped on, so that said I think ill save her the coin and go w the straightpiped one... Now just to decide on if I want single or dual...

I go single and I might can score some more goodies too... I want a SCT too!
Old 11-26-2010, 01:48 PM

I have the Diamond Eye 4" off road aluminized duals. I first went straight piped and did for awhile, about a year, yes it is very loud and mean sounding especially when you get on it. Sometimes it sounded very "harsh" like. The 6.0 has this distinct "rasp" sound at hard throttle and it started eating away at me, then whenever I was towing one of my trailers, it would be more harsh inside the cab than I liked. I decided a few weeks ago to buy the Diamod Eye straight through race muffler for the system and have been very pleased ever since, all the turbo sounds are the same, but that "harsh rasp" is gone and the truck has an even meaner low growl to it all the up and down the rpm's and will still let you and your neighbors know when you get into it. Towing has become more enjoyable again for me. Hope I helped ya instead of bored ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.