Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A little help with my SCT X3

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  excav8ter 
#1 ·
Ok, so my new X3 will be here on November 24th. I am completely lost when it comes to updating, downloading and so on. Is there anybody near Holland Michigan that can help me do my up date and then the install correctly? I am very nervous that I will make a mistake and lose a tune or worse my stock file. I don't have the X3 yet. I want to get this thing in ASAP to try it out. I have the tunes that were emailed to me but it looks like there is only one tune even though I am supposed to have 3. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Not in MI. but most anyone on here can help you. The best resource is SCT tech....give them a call and they will walk you though everything....they are pretty easy to work with. Also, who did you get your custom tunes from? Have you contacted them and let them know you only received only one tune instead of three? What I would go ahead and do now is go to SCT's site and download the Updater software 2.9.5.2 (it will be the latest version and will create a desktop shortcut icon). Then when you get your device plug it into your PC and check out which Firmware version (FMware) you have and compare it to the SCT download site...if it needs updated then make it so. If you had an SF3 then you would also check their latest Tune Rev....but the X3 only holds custom tunes.

#4 ·
How do you already have the custom tune(s) emailed to you, when you don't have the X-3 to retrieve the truck strategy # from the ECM? Thought it was required before a "custom tune" could be generated???

#5 ·
In another thread the OP had originally bought the SCT Livewire and didn't like the size of the monitor, so he sent it back to get the handheld programmer. So I'm guessing he used the Livewire to pull his strategy.

#7 ·
OIC. Cool. Makes the process that much quicker for you then. This should be easy then.

#10 ·
Man I am dying to run my truck with this new X3, but there has been a little "glitch" so to speak in getting it all set up. Not sure what, but even today, Ted at IDP has emailed me to let me know that he has been in touch with Eric today and let him know what is going on. That is COOL. For a guy like me who hates doing anything on a computer except for being on powerstroke.org, sledmi.com and dootalk.com this is hard. The wait is really killing me. I am sure it WILL be worth it when I get the X3 and Eric's tunes installed, but I am having surgery soon and won't be able to do anything for 4-6 weeks, not even drive. So I want to get this in so i can enjoy it for a few days. :scuffy

#11 ·
Got it loaded and installed! Holy BEEP! The extreme street is NUTZ. I barely get into the throttle and this thing just plain goes! I am gonna need new tires soon, i can see that already.

A HUGE thanks to Ted and Eric at Innovative Diesel. They were both in contact with me today via email....on a Holiday no less! Thanks a lot. I cant wait to try the other tunes out too.
Also thanks to the members on powerstroke.org for giving in put too. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.