Matt's SRL tune MPG results - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Matt's SRL tune MPG results

I recently installed the SRL tune I got from Matt and went on a roadtrip this weekend. I got 18.9 mpg at 75 mph. This is all hand calculated and milage was pulled from my gps since everything in reguards to speed and distance is incorrect because of my tires. Just thought some people would like to know if they are on the line about purchasing this tune. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man, that's great!! That makes me really want to get the SRL+ or SRL++ tune for my truck. My fuel mileage is terrible, partly because I have the latest FICM flash.

How long did it take for PHP to send you the programmer to tune your FICM? And has that affected your mileage at all?

I only have 33x13's but I can hardly squeeze 13.5 MPG outa mine, but I do mostly city driving.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:18 PM

I got the programmer in about four weeks, the guys at PHP are great. The FICM part you can do yourself, the ecm/pcm they reprogram the programmer over the internet and then walk you through the roll back. I picked up about two mpg's with the PHP upgrades but, the eal benefit is running those uprgrades with custom tunes. Stock no tune I get 14mpg, sucks!! Put on Matt's tune and almost 19mpg. I owe that man a beer! Oh yeah, the PHP stuf changed the entire attitude of my truck, starts quicker, idles way smoother and the shifts change also. I was afraid I was going to loose the smooth shifting with the SRL but Matt knows his stuff, it's on the money!! I wish I had studs so I could try his higher power stuff. I need tire right now so that's first.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I plan on getting my FICM tuned soon, just gotta get my updated fuel regulator and 6.4 banjo's on first.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:44 PM

I picked up about a 1 to 1.5 mpg's around town with his SLR tune. I will find out Friday how it does on the highway when we go to the inlaws casa (about 350 miles one way).
Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 PM

And what's the scoop on the PCM rollback??? I haven't heard about this.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM

The pcm rollback resets your strategy to an earlier program. I went back to the VXCF4 from the VXCF9. Ford reflashes your truck when you take it in for service, if you ask for it or not. So if you pay to roll it back don't take it back to Ford or they will do you a favor and give you the latest update. It helps with milage and tranny shifting. You will notice quite a difference in the over all operation of the truck.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:53 PM

Matt's SRL tune MPG results

Hey tnet69 If you don't mind me asking how much was the PCM rollback and to re tune your FICM? And what was the process? Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM

I think you need to get new tunes with the PCM flash, right?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM

I want to say the total was around $225.00. Just go to PHP's web site and fill out the order sheet they have. They will then send you an email when they have a programmer to send out to you. They do not bill you until this time when they are ready to ship. They have a couple of programmers out and about, it took about 4-5 weeks to get mine. The FICM is straight forward like installing a tune on your truck. Make sure you put your truck back to stock before you do any of this. For the PCM you have to call them when you are ready and have the programmer, they will have you plug it into your usb port and download an install program from their website. They send the new PCM info to the programmer and then walk you through, on the phone, the rollback process. They are not open on Friday or the weekends so, if you get it on Friday you have to wait until Monday to do the PCM. Once complete you will have a new strategy and you need to get your custom tunes redone for the new strategy. PHP provides a return shipping label so when you are done you take it to UPS and when they recieve it they give you your deposit back, $100 I think maybe a little more. Totally worth the money though, you will enjoy the benefits. They send instructions with the programmer that are very clear and easy to understand. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.