Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Driver side Banjo Bolt !

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rmorgan711 
#1 ·
How hard is it to get to ! I got the upgraded 6.4 Bolts today for my 6.0
Passenger side is a cakewalk :nod:, what about the other ?? can it be done without taking anything major off ??

#2 ·
I'm not gonna lie................ It's a PITA. It's doable though. I got mine done in about 30 min.

I removed driverside CAC tube and air filter.

It still took a while, and lots of cusing. It comes out easy, but getting everything to line back up to go in :crazy:

Loosen up the hard fuel line at the filter bowl, this will give you a little "wiggle" that will help, also stuff a rag under the fitting/bolt to catch the crush washer that you'll drop about 10 times before you get it together.

#3 ·
Drain the coolant. Move the degas bottle out of the way. Kinda dont have to but helps when taking the intake out. Remove the intake from the turbo and core support. Loosen the 4 bolts that hold the CAC pipe to the manifold. Loosen the clamp at the other end of the cac pipe. near the intercooler. Then pull the tube up and out of the way. Loosen the pinch clamp the the water pump suction line. Remove that rubber hose out of the way. there is your bolt.

#4 ·
subscribed

#5 ·
Its simple actually. I can do it in 10 minutes now after having done 6 or 8 of them.
Remove the air filter and CAC tube. Remove the coolant line to the pump. It will want to spit coolant out of the pump so I use a shop rag and stuff it in as fast as i can. Usually loose a cup or so of coolant. Now you can reach it. to reinstall, get the crush washers that have a connecting piece holding them on the banjo fitting so you don't have to juggle those while trying to reinstall. You will need to wiggle and adjust the fuel line as you try to screw it in as it will likely bind up and you will think its cross threaded. Its impossible to crossthread this with your hand though.

#6 ·
Damn water line !! I just did the coolant flush and refill !! Ford said bolts wouldn't be in till next week so I did the coolant change last night ,, they came in this mourning..figures !!!

#8 ·
Yea , I am ....its usally the way my luck goes ...I'm used to it ...LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.