Auto Meter Fuel presure sending unit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto Meter Fuel presure sending unit

I purchased a Auto Meter fuel pressure gauge (3863) about 6 months ago. I noticed today when I go to WOT it drops to almost zero. It jumps around very erratically when dropping also. It's stays at about 62 PSI at idle. It is the sending unit that is connected directly to fuel bowl. I seem to remember a post that you get a braided hose extension and mount it to the firewall or body because of vibration. Could it be that sending is going bad? Help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2010, 03:45 PM

my gauge did that when I first instaled mine, I think it was the air because it stoped after a few miles.

not sure, the vibrations could do that.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow View Post
I purchased a Auto Meter fuel pressure gauge (3863) about 6 months ago. I noticed today when I go to WOT it drops to almost zero. It jumps around very erratically when dropping also. It's stays at about 62 PSI at idle. It is the sending unit that is connected directly to fuel bowl. I seem to remember a post that you get a braided hose extension and mount it to the firewall or body because of vibration. Could it be that sending is going bad? Help
Here is the adapter
6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter
Yes it works great keep the sending unit away from the motor and heat
2 stroker
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 AM

mine is goofy sometimes too, when i start it in the am when cold, at key on my psi is close to 80psi... but usually after the glow plug light goes out, it dips back to 65 which is normal, i think i get a small air pocket or something that makes my gauge read goofy, after that it doesnt do it anymore.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
auto gauges for sale

Auto Meter is pleased to introduce new 2 5/8” Diameter gauges for the popular Cobalt, Sport-Comp II, Phantom II, and Ultra-Lite II series instruments. New larger size incorporates Hi-Def Through the Dial LED illumination and lit pointers that have made these lines proven favorites with racers and performance enthusiasts alike allowing for at a glance readings and improved size and type selection to build the perfect instrumentation set for your vehicle. Available in Short Sweep Electric, Full Sweep Mechanical, and Full Sweep Stepper Motor Electric with integrated Peak Recall and Programmable Alarm LED provide for all budgets and performance requirements. Look for hot rod and muscle car favorites such as Vacuum Gauges and15 psi Fuel Pressure for tuning carbureted applications, as well as traditional Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, Voltage Gauges, and many more performance favorites to help keep tabs your vehicle’s critical performance parameters.
Check out the autometer gauge site for more details.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
auto gauges for sale

Auto Meter is pleased to introduce new 2 5/8” Diameter gauges for the popular Cobalt, Sport-Comp II, Phantom II, and Ultra-Lite II series instruments. New larger size incorporates Hi-Def Through the Dial LED illumination and lit pointers that have made these lines proven favorites with racers and performance enthusiasts alike allowing for at a glance readings and improved size and type selection to build the perfect instrumentation set for your vehicle. Available in Short Sweep Electric, Full Sweep Mechanical, and Full Sweep Stepper Motor Electric with integrated Peak Recall and Programmable Alarm LED provide for all budgets and performance requirements. Look for hot rod and muscle car favorites such as Vacuum Gauges and15 psi Fuel Pressure for tuning carbureted applications, as well as traditional Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, Voltage Gauges, and many more performance favorites to help keep tabs your vehicle’s critical performance parameters.
Check out the autometer gauge site for more details.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine acts up too, thinking i need to relocate it off the fuel test port directly. I am going to try the braided hose and relocate it.

Derek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.