physical size Livewire & Edge CTS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
physical size Livewire & Edge CTS

Thinking about a combo or a single setup

Just wondering it I can fit a Livewire or Edge CTS in my small glove box. Can someone measure a Livewire, and let me know how the EGT plug fits into the unit?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I never measured the livewire that I got the other day, I just knew it was too big to be stuck on my windshield. I sent it back and ordered the X3 and the Edge CS. If I was to guess that it's about 1" thick, 8" long and 4" tall. Doesn't sound too big, but when you put the suction cup on the windshield it sticks out almost to the front of the left side of the dashboard. The egt and obd cables come in to the bottom right side of the unit. My 07 has a small "cubby hole" just left of the factory trailer brake control, thats where I had and Edge display for a while. I ordered the dash mount kit for the Edge CS which will put it on the far left side of the dashboard above the left vent. Look on youtube for Edge CS and there are some pics, there are some here too, I just can't remember the thread they are in.
Good luck
Old 11-21-2010, 05:19 PM

Sounds the Live wire it too long and tall for my small glove box on my 06 f-250 then.

Guess I'm going to an Edge CS or CTS....cause bigger isnt always better!

Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 05:33 PM

Edge CTS and Cs

its amazing that on no website does it give the length, width and height of any of these in- or on dash devices.....Whats with it?? ALso, it seems to be a lack of explainmation how or what these devices do it or can do for your vehicle.

Anyone have the measurements of these?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsestrokin View Post
its amazing that on no website does it give the length, width and height of any of these in- or on dash devices.....Whats with it?? ALso, it seems to be a lack of explainmation how or what these devices do it or can do for your vehicle.

Anyone have the measurements of these?

Thanks in advance
I have been thinking the same thing. From what Ted at Innovative Diesel told me, the CS is the same size as as the "original" Edge monitor. There is a couple video clips on youtube that show what the CS looks like installed in the dash pod on the left side of the dashboard. I like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.