Effects of Tuner on EGR valve - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Effects of Tuner on EGR valve

I'm thinkin about the SCT Livewire for monitoring and tunes option. Id want olny a mild to mid range tune, fuel saving or tow mode.

Just wondering it if you havent done the EGR delete, and you add a good tuner, ...drove it as you owned it... if it would carbon up and likely cause problems with the ERG Valve.

Dont want it on top the dash board, but wondering if others have found a good mounting position in or under the dash where its still visible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i have drove it like i stole it and have had No problems. been awesome. only complaint is i wish i would have done the X3 and the edge cs. but its fine for now. im getting ready to have pillar gauges put in too so i will have both. i plan on mounting the livewire somewhere else besides my dash. thats where i have it now and it isnt bad but will be way too crowded with both gauges up there
Old 11-19-2010, 09:05 AM

Livewire

Travis,

So is the Edge Insight CS is smaller, or what is it that you like more about the pair vs the Livewire?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
ya the livewire is pretty big and just feels cheap. the cs is smaller but has a color screen that you can pick a background and make it match your trucks gauges and stuff. the live wire is fine and gets the job done, but for like 100 more bux at the most you can get the x3 and edge cs and it will look alot nicer. and in order to get the eot and ect you have to hook a laptop up to your livewire and your livewire to your truck and pick out of a huge list of things. buutttt when you click on some they dont work and just say invalid. i messed with it for a while but got sick of it so i am only watching eot, ect and tranny, through it right now. here is two pics of it in my truck, give ya an example. i would sell my livewire if i wouldnt have bought custom tunes
let me know if ya need any other info about it
(ps. the screen is easy to see in the daylight, my phone's camera just didnt pick it up well.)

Old 11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just got the Livewire yesterday.... and it's back in the mail today going back. I am getting the X3 and the edge insight CS. Unfortunately the advice of another member here did not reach me in time to save me the hassle. Go with the X3 and the edge CS.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Size of the Edge CS and CTS monitors

Got it,

Ok now, my o6 model has a small glove box below the radio. Its 6 inches long, and about 3.5 inches tall. I'm wondering if others were able to set there edge CS or CTS inside this glove box, being able to read while its open,
Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My edge CS is going to go above the little "glove box". My 07 has a small "pocket" that is to the left of the factory trailer break controller. I thought that would be the best place for it. I had an edge platinum juice with attitude there once as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.