EGR delete/ passing smog test - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete/ passing smog test

Has anyone here failed a smog test because they had eliminated their EGR system? If so what state are you in? Im in Utah and I am going to eliminate the EGR system from my truck but I need to know if I will run in to headaches down the road.

I can not seem to get a solid answer. All ive got are people "thinking" it wouldnt pass, or they have a buddy who passed, etc.

I really just want a valid answer.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Premium Member

well, I can let you know in March because I need emmissions done and I deleted my EGR.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Serving Our Country!

I got through with flyin colors! i just put my truck back on the stock tune!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It depends. If your state does a visual inspection you will fail. It they hook it up to the obd2 port and there is a EGR code, you will fail. If the test the exhaust gasses you will pass.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As you asked

lol....

Your first two responses are pretty much useless since they didnt include any info about mods or what state or what kind of inspection was done.

Third response was useful. Maybe someone from your state that understands what you are wanting to know will chime in.

Good luck
Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsestrokin View Post
lol....

Your first two responses are pretty much useless since they didnt include any info about mods or what state or what kind of inspection was done.

Third response was useful. Maybe someone from your state that understands what you are wanting to know will chime in.

Good luck
Hey Horsestrokin. Do you see that little word over on the side that says location? It says Utah, the same location as the guy is from. Also do you see my sig it has a list of all my mods.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hotwheels

My apoligies, guess I'm Impatience with my Dialup ISP keeps me from searching out all the details.... cause I would then have to assume that this was the conditions inwhich the inspection occurred, And what kind of inspection or how through the inspection was??

Have a great day
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I live in Arizona and here we have both visual inspections and computerized inspections. Those guys spent about 10 minutes looking for my EGR cooler with flashlights and inspection mirrors. When the first guy got down from the ladder, a second on climbed up and looked as well. They were looking for a reason to fail me. They also checked for my catalytic converter as well. Only after they have fully checked everything visually did they hook up the sniffer to my exhaust. I passed of course.

I swear if you have a Prius, they just bring you in, pat you on the back and let you on your way, but NO, I have a Super Duty diesel, so I get to wait in line with all the other dirty, nasty diesels... It was somewhat comical to see the kid trying to hook up the sniffer to a big ole Kenworth with massive Aussie stacks... Since he couldn't get it to sit just right, he was hanging on the ladder holding the sniffer in the stack and got a big ole pile of smoke in his face.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:36 AM

Thank you all. Well two years ago (My last smog test) I just returned the truck to stock setting and it passed with no cat on it. (I forgot I had to swap my cat delete out). Thankfully the tech never did a visual inspection on any smog related items.

The place I take my truck to does mostly diesel engines so they wont be as hard on me as the hippies who work at the other places. I dont think I will ever have to worry about an EGR visual inspection. If the smog snif test passess then I am going to install the kit.

Thank you all.
Jer
Old 11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Where do you take yours to? Kaysville? I tried to sneak mine through without a cat one time and got busted. Nothing happened just had to go home and put it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.