6.0 EGR delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
6.0 EGR delete

hey guys im new to the 6.0 game i use to have a 7.3 iv been hearing a lot about the 2 must do things to the 6.0s iv already bought the arp head studs but the egr delete is another thing iv heard a lot about i was wondering if its going to effect my emissions as to whether or not ill pass, and is there anything els to really make these 6.0s "bullet proof" other than the studs and egr?
thanks for the help guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRKTHS73 View Post
hey guys im new to the 6.0 game i use to have a 7.3 iv been hearing a lot about the 2 must do things to the 6.0s iv already bought the arp head studs but the egr delete is another thing iv heard a lot about i was wondering if its going to effect my emissions as to whether or not ill pass, and is there anything els to really make these 6.0s "bullet proof" other than the studs and egr?
thanks for the help guys
If you have to keep it for emissions then this is the way to go
BulletProof EGR Coolers
and also install a new oil cooler while you are there.
Get a coolent filter with 2 valves and 3 filters you will need them
http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=324
Get a good set of gauges i like the Edge Insight.
Remove the Ford Gold cxxp and install ELC coolent if you are going to change out these other parts do the flush then with just distilled water in do the repairs then come back with the ELC. Here is the flush.
Coolant Flush for changing to ELC

Drain coolant by removing lower radiator hose. Drain block from plug on drivers side of the block. Remove the thermostat. Replace plug in block and put lower hose back on. Put thermostat housing back on without thermostat. Fill with distilled water. run for 5 minutes then drain as above. Put 2 qts of VC-9 and fill with distilled water. Drive it for about 60-90 minutes. Drain and flush after. Put in 1 gallon of Restore an top with distilled water. Drive it for an 60-90 minutes then drain. Flush 2 times with distilled water or whatever it takes to come clear. Replace thermostat or put in a new one. Put hose back, make sure block plug is tight. Add 3.5 gallons of ELC concentrate and top off with distilled water. Make sure to run engine for 5 minutes between flushes to circulate the water good. Have heater on set to hi while doing this to flush the heater core too.
2 stroker
Old 11-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Premium Member

Get an Edge Insight to monitor all your temps, you can set alarms to change a different color to let you know if you have high EGT or EOT etc etc. 83400 is the old insight the new one I dont know the number but I think it can beep and change color when you set the an alarm. Also your going to need to get a tune to clear the code if you put an egr in.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

if you have a '05-07 dont forget to upgrade the stc fitting while everything is apart.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 AM

be careful with the restore, i work for a cummins distributor as a tech and that stuff if quite volitile, i personally wouldnt use a full gallon, the directions are 1 gallon of restore per 10 gallon cooling system... on semis and large equipment that have 10 gal plus sytems on them i only ever use one gallon of restore at a time, ive seen this stuff eat through metal radiator tubes if left in long enough or not flushed out good enough. ive also seen where a new guy put 2 gallons in a isb 5.9 because noone told him different, and within 10 minutes of the truck running on the flush it was pouring restore and water out the water pump weep hole and base seal... this has happend more than once. im not trying to scare anyone im just informing everyone that the stuff is pretty serious be careful with it and maybe not use so much in the psd cooling system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.