Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

block heater

879 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  excav8ter 
#1 ·
Hey guys I had heard that all 6.0L have block heater already installed is this true?

#2 ·
03-04 the block heater was an option and that included the Heater and the chord to plug it in.

The 05+ trucks all came with Block heaters in the freeze plug spot above the starter, but only trucks that clicked the option for the chord on the list or were sold in the Northern climates recieved the chord to plug it in.

If you have an 05 just buy a chord off ebay and you're done thats what i did, 03-04 its pain in the butt.

#3 ·
If you do have to buy a cord off ebay, dont get the ones for $20. They are junk. I just got one and could not get it on. The nut that screws on only has like 3 threads on it then you have to try to compress the rubber between it. I'd get an OEM cord, Hopping they would be better quality. But do what you want.

#4 ·
My 2007 cc sb f-350 didn't come with a block heater. I just had the dealership put it on while they were checking out my truck for warranty stuff. 14 below 0 is the coldest I have ever started it in, glowed it 2 times and she fired right up. I will plug it in now, since I can. I even put a 50 foot plug in my tool box for while I am out snowmobiling or at work .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.