Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo with 190's

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  RescueF250 
#1 ·
Is there another good turbo out there other than the powermax that would run good with 190's. I was going to get the powermax but no one has them right now.

#3 ·
Elited vgt-ss.
But it is more $$$
Used and they are modifying a used turbo.
Reliability is lower than the powermax
powermax is a 63.4mm
SS is a 64.7mm

the SS will handle the 190's much beter than the powermax, yet it will not last as long.

#5 ·
For simplicity the powermax is going to be your best bet. A non VGT 62-64mm will make better peak power but driveability will suffer for most people unless you're willing to spend more time and money on additional hardware and a fair amount of time live tuning. By additional hardware I mean things like a diverter valve, changing stall converter, etc, etc. 6.0's don't like to spool fixed chargers very well without hard part modifications. For 98% of the hot rodders out there the VGT is the way to go.

#6 ·
For simplicity the powermax is going to be your best bet. A non VGT 62-64mm will make better peak ----and lower EGT's---- power but driveability will suffer for most people unless you're willing to spend more time and money on additional hardware and a fair amount of time live tuning. By additional hardware I mean things like a diverter valve, changing stall converter, etc, etc. 6.0's don't like to spool fixed chargers very well without hard part modifications. For 98% of the hot rodders out there the VGT is the way to go.
coments ^^^^

#9 ·
interested to the results

#10 ·
I believe those are II turbos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.