MKM CUSTOM TUNES FOR SCT??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MKM CUSTOM TUNES FOR SCT???

I just ordered the complete solutions kit from MKM Customs that includes the SCT tuner. They said they have a technician that does custom tunes and that I will get a few tunes with the purchase of this package, I was just curious as if anyone has tried tunes from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 PM

I when to there shop and they looked legit. I was thinking of getting some from them but I already put money into some good tunes, I did not feel like spending more on tunes
Old 11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
back to business

Tagin this one

this is the second (or third) time I've heard that MKM is offering tuning. I haven't heard of anyone running their tunes yet though........... and I hate being the guinnea pig
Old 11-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Dont be afraid to just do it. Whats 50-80 bucks honestly? Never know for yourself or your truck unless you try it, not one truck runs the same. I just purchase Mike @ KEM's tune and i was hesitant at first but I'm glad I did it. I got to talk with Mike and gain some knowledge on how these engines work. Its entirely different than any of my other tunes.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:10 AM

I ran them for about two days... wanted to see if there was more to be had, so I went to Eric @ IDP.
I don't have dyno numbers to back it up, but I can tell a difference and stuck with Eric's tunes. I'm not bad mouthing MKM's tunes and I'm sure that they're better than the "canned tunes" but just not on par with Eric's.

Matt's tunes are on the way Monday and I'll see which I like better between his and Eric's.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenBrooksWelding View Post
I ran them for about two days... wanted to see if there was more to be had, so I went to Eric @ IDP.
I don't have dyno numbers to back it up, but I can tell a difference and stuck with Eric's tunes. I'm not bad mouthing MKM's tunes and I'm sure that they're better than the "canned tunes" but just not on par with Eric's.

Matt's tunes are on the way Monday and I'll see which I like better between his and Eric's.
Keep me informed on how you like Matt's tunes vs Erics when you get them. All the reading I've done I'm leaning toward the SRL cause they seem to be more daily driver friendly vs Erics from all the reading I've done and I'm not looking for a race truck. I'm just getting the MKM tunes along with a package I've order so I'll check them out.

I've been curious as I know the SCT only holds three tunes, if you order three from one tuner and three from another can you keep loading either from the computer to the SCT as many times as you want?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 AM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
Dont be afraid to just do it. Whats 50-80 bucks honestly?
I prob already have enough tunes........... that I never even use

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenBrooksWelding View Post
I bet I can guess which tune you'll like the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRMC02 View Post
I've been curious as I know the SCT only holds three tunes, if you order three from one tuner and three from another can you keep loading either from the computer to the SCT as many times as you want?
The device will only hold 3 custom files at a time, but your computer will hold, well, A LOT. All you have to do is plug the SCT into the computer and put different files on it, Wa La, three new tunes . I have close to 20 files saved on my computer (dif strat's, dif tuners, tow, race, street, winter specific, changes do to truck upgrades, ect....) My SCT has had the same three ever since I got my latest SRL from Matt , between that and my favorite "tow" i have no need to change.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:31 AM

I'll try to give a good report, but from what we talked about in a few emails... this might not be a regular SRL.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:40 PM

I love srl.....virtually no smoke. SRL+ is really nice too, I raced a smarty tuned dodge on srl+ and had him by about 3 cars at the end.....he had the same performance mods as me right down to the turbo.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Just picked up my X3 from MKM today. Now we play the waiting game......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.