Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Whats the best Injectors?

103K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  enginesgeek 
#1 ·
I am in need of a new set of injectors in my 2003 6.0 powerstroke, and since I'm gonna be in there anyway then I want to upgrade to a bigger better set. What are the best ones out there? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
Full Force Diesel (Ryan Casserly) injectors... Kinda pricey @ $3595 but well worth it. He starts with Ford rebuilt injectors and not your cores. Lots of people on here and other forums love his injectors. I just ordered mine (190s), so ask me in a couple of weeks how I like them.

#6 ·
Are these statements still accurate? What about Beans, Elites or Swamps injectors? I am about to purchase a new set and I'm curious if Casserly injectors are still the 800 gorilla that where a couple years ago, they are still great injectors, but are there other equally good competitors out there now?

#7 · (Edited)
Casserly is THE BEST for 6.0's. Period. Also I got mine from Cary @ CT Performance who is a member on here for alot cheaper than $3595! I would check prices with him before ordering from someone else. I just bought mine 3 months ago.

#8 ·
Check out Warren diesel as well. Have a set of his 175's and am very happy. Not one problem so far and that was a few thousand miles ago. Full Force Diesel has been at it longer and has a proven track record.

Personally, I used warren diesel and do not regret it one bit.

#9 ·
Warren makes great injectors for those on a budget. I will be using his.

If you've got the money, go Casserly.

#11 ·
Just thought I should get a word in here, no one is perfect, even the best of the best have problems. So do a little research and go with what fits your needs the best. I chose warren and couldnt be more satisfied

MPD, Warren, Elite, Cass are 4 builders to consider, elite just dropped their prices as well.

#13 ·
ryan cass or jess warren. if you want new go cass, if you want to redo yours and i mean completely redo yours back to they way they were when they were brand new go warren its almost half the price and still great quality!

#21 ·
Iv heard nothing but good things about hypermax. They are 20 minutes from my house.

#23 ·
There a lot of good injector builders now. I have had Warrens, Rykan Holders, and So Ky diesels. All have been great So Ky Diesel is who I go with bc they are close to me and redo spool valves without needing reman ones from ford. If you need their number let me know and I'll PM it to you.

#26 ·
We are set up to distribute injectors through Holders. I used my personal truck as the testing stand for their injectors a couple years ago. Since then, I have had them build my injectors into an array of sizes from 190/30 - 225/75 - and finally to 225 / 30% injectors.

All of which run flawlessly and as smooth as Ford OE. I wouldnt hesitate to put them in any vehicle.

___

We are also set up to sell injectors via Full Force, although they are a bit more coin.

#29 ·
The plan is 225/75 maybe bigger? Not sure yet havent looked into problems once bigger than 225? With a wpe stage 2 intake manifold and kc stage 3 turbo. Tuning from wpe thru sct livewire and a php ficm tuner. Along with the trans upgrades and bulletproofing. Also will have a rr and either fass/airdog or 6.7 pump. I know innovative goes to 275/150? Any bad things about that big? Any problems going bigger than 75 nozzles?

#31 ·
#33 ·
Who installed them? When they came out, what were the symptoms? Usually there is a story that goes with the problem.

If you start with good injectors (remans or even good running ones), they usually work fine after making them larger, as long as they are installed correctly!

#35 ·
First off, there are no poppet valves on these injectors. There are spool valves and yes there are relief ports that weep oil when the spools are moved and when the intensifier piston cycles. There have been injectors that have failed by a number of sellers over the years, but the rate of unexpected failure has dropped dramatically with the installation of new or rebuilt spool valve assemblies. Almost all of the injector issues seen were caused by spool stiction, not spool failures.

Second point. I don't work for any injector seller, but I did take the time to understand how the injectors work and what are the problem areas that cause injectors to fail. I did make 4 sets of injectors that have all run perfectly over the past 4 years - I did just recently have a nozzle failure on one of them. There have been many cases of "bad injectors" that were a direct result of installation error, including from mechanics that were not closely following the correct installation procedure. If you would do a search for burned, damaged or missing O-rings, missing copper seals, loose injectors, combustion gas in the fuel rail; all of these are primarily installation errors.

Now on to your apparent problem. As the injector cycles, oil will come out of the weep holes on the top of the injector. You typically would never see it, except as run-off as the rail covers the spool. Oil may also be coming from the rail nipple or even from the injector nipple seal - not good. FWIW, when you apply air to the rail, you will get some air moving through the seals, but not much and it typically happens once the oil has been displaced by air. So, I don't know how you diagnosed a bad injector, except for perhaps applying air to the top of the injector and watching oil come out of the weep holes or perhaps out of the side where the intensifier piston relief hole is. If the spool valve was not in the closed position with air applied, you would see more oil or air than expected. How did you test them? Did you apply an electrical impulse while applying fluid pressure? Now, it is possible that you have loose (worn out) spools? Of course it is, but 6 out of 8 is way over the top, even for a bad injector modifier/rebuilder!

This was an old thread reactivated. A lot of magic surrounding injector modification has since been demystified. Most of the 6.0 problems (injectors included) have been identified with the fixes readily available to those that choose to find them. There used to be 100s of postings a day, now not so much as there are less 6.0 owners and less owners with problems.

So back to my initial questions in the previous post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.