Low Power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Low Power

Ok, I did some work on my truck where I did a sinister egr delete kit, bullet proof diesel oil cooler upgrade, HPOP fitting upgrade, ITP regulated fuel return kit, spearco intercooler and an exhaust stack. I installed the fuel kit and have the fuel pressure regulated to ~68psi. I also left the egr valve plugged in. (I dont get a code either and I have an 06 F350) My problem I am having is that the truck doesn't seem to be making as much power as it did before. It only creates about 20psi at full boost. I have an AFE intake, a CFM large mouth kit, a 4in down pipe into a 5in exhaust, and a PPE tuner on setting 6 (these upgrades I have had before I did the above mentioned work). Before my turbo was boosting to around 30psi and i could squeel my tires at like 20mph. If anyone has an idea of what my problem could be I would appreciate any help. I am thinking it is something to do with the exhaust uppipes not being all the way tight but not sure. thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check your intercooler boots sounds like theres a leak if your not making full boost, also do you smell exhaust when you first start your truck inside the cab?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:23 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

I will check my intercooler boots. I dont smell any exhaust ever.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

My intercooler boots are all tight and so are the uppipe bolts. I was doing some reading on here about some tuners not working properly with egr delete kits. Could that be my problem since it seems normal on stock and only gets marginally better when I turn it up for a "120" hp addition. My tuner is a PPE Xccelerator.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Lt. Negativity

The PPE is one problem. Your RR is turned up to high for my liking honestly. Mine is set at 60psi or a hair lower and I run bigger injectors. AS for your uppipes see if there is any soot built up around them or on the fire wall and you notice your problem if there is one. Just because you tighten your boots doesnt mean one of that could have a crack, normally the one connected to the turbo on the bottle side hard to notice if you dont actually look for it.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:56 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check the flex portion of your up pipe. I developed a leak there when I did my EGR delete. Also check the thin hose that connects to the intake I had a hole in that also. That could also be part of the problems. How long after the delete have you run it? With the delete do you still have the EGR valve installed and plugged in?, or blocked off? You could have a EGR valve that is bad and leaking (another problem I had).
Old 11-01-2010, 07:30 AM

Do you have the latest Ford reflash? I have heard that with the newer flashes an EGR delete will make it defuel.....
I can leave mine stock for about a week before it throws a code and even then its only a soft code so no sel.

Does ppe turn off the egr?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Yea I dont see any soot build up around any of the uppipe joints and I dont see any black on the firewall. I replaced all of my boots when I did all of the work so I am fairly confident that none of them have cracked. I have been driving it now for about a week and I still have the egr valve installed but nothing goes to it. I am thinking it is the PPE tuner and am going to try my buddies SCT and see what that does. I will post my results. Thank you all for the response.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:02 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

I forgot in my last post to include that the PPE tuner does not have an egr delete function.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I ended up having to block off the EGR valve hole because the valve was weak and would not stay closed. This had the same effect as an exhaust leak, loosing pressure. If you have the block off plate, try puting that in. The worst that can happen is a CEL, in an 05 or newer. Nothing to lose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.