edge user let me know how it works - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge user let me know how it works

i have read page upon page about the sct programers. from what i learnd is it pretty much depends on how u drive ur truck if u going to tear it up. sounds like u can do it with any chip or programer. i wana learn some more on the edge platnum attitude any body running it let me know what u think. i am stuck on what to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your trans will thank your for not buying the edge. Had edge on 7.3 couldn't keep foot off skinny pedal good bye trans. ON the bright side got new truck and i love my 6.0 run circles around 7.3. To answer your question SCT.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the plat has many safeguards for ur tranny, trans slippage backdown, defuel settings so all that power doesnt slam the tranny, pretty much everything that was tearing up, the plat addresses it, i have one on my truck and i like it
Old 10-28-2010, 06:02 AM

I cant speak to the Plat but I have been running the Edge Evo (on tow) with no issues. I have not run it "hotter" because I am concerned about cylinder pressures and my head studs even though they are ARP's. I think "Custom" SCT tunes allow you to tune your tranny more than with Edge and get good power with lower cylinder pressures.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Serving Our Country!

I'm a previous owner of the Edge Juice w/Attitude Platinum. My advice would be not to waste your money. Buy a SCT with custom tuning. Thats the best programmer for a 6.0in my opinion. The ONLY thing that I wish my SCT had that the edge had was the turbo timer. Everything else is night and day difference. Your transmission will thank you if you get a SCT.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncbuster View Post
i have read page upon page about the sct programers. from what i learnd is it pretty much depends on how u drive ur truck if u going to tear it up. sounds like u can do it with any chip or programer. i wana learn some more on the edge platnum attitude any body running it let me know what u think. i am stuck on what to buy.
If you have read page upon page then you know that the SCT is the way to go on the tuning. I don't understand how you could possibly be confused on what to buy.

Get an SCT X3 to tune your truck and an Edge Insight to monitor it. Now wasn't that easy?

As for tearing your truck up read this. Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
If you have read page upon page then you know that the SCT is the way to go on the tuning. I don't understand how you could possibly be confused on what to buy.

Get an SCT X3 to tune your truck and an Edge Insight to monitor it. Now wasn't that easy?

As for tearing your truck up read this. Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
great write up thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.