Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MPT tuning

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  olgoat 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I was wondering as well.... I was gonna ask, but since you have gotten such a vast line of responses, I figure I won't waste my time asking :)

#3 ·
I started ot with MPT, more power tuning. The tow tune and the economy tune worked great but the shifting in his hot tune never was right. The converter locked up at strange times and the shifts were really hard. I never talked to him about the problems though. I purchased the SRL tune from Gearhead and that fixed everything.

#4 · (Edited)
I bought my SCT livewire from MPT. I got the econo, heavy tow and the hot tune. The econo tune is great, it increased my MPG, yet I can still nail it and blow passed just about anybody I want. Great throttle response.
The heavy tow increased my MPG from 8.5 to 10.5, the EGT's have never gone over 900, my 15k trailer tows much easier. The jake brake option is great, I build 12 lbs. of boost going down hill which helps to slow my rig and save the brakes.
The tunes are custom wrote for your truck, it takes a few tweaks to get them perfect. Mike at MPT was always quick to respond with the small adjustments needed until it was perfect. He even sent me a file that allows SCT Livewire to display the Oil Temp, and adjusted the lay-o-meter to read more accurately. Needles to say I'm a satisfied customer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.