Need anything else?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need anything else??

OK so I popped a head gasket in my '04 sic'o. I figured it was just a matter of time so I am ready to go ahead and do what I need to.

I am currently running SCT tuned by Eric at Innovative, 4" MBRP exhaust, EGR delete. Looking to go ahead and put in some 155's sticks from innovative. Arp Studs, and Black onyx head and intake gaskets. More than likely going to put in a powermax turbo, and s&B intake too. I do occasional heavy towing through the mountains so from what I have researched I dont need to go with any more turbo or injector than that setup. But I thought I would ask and see if I needed to get an air dog, or reflash ficm? or if I am missing anything that I should go ahead and do while I am in there? Just want to do this once. And get the most I can out of it. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Definately add the airdog to the list
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
coolant filter???
Old 10-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would change oil cooler while your in there. 3c3z-6a642-ca is pn for kit from Ford I bought one 2 months ago for 219 dollars. There are aftermarket coolers as well. Also a new screen for hpop comes in kit (the one I did screen was torn )
Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok. sorry for the ignorance.. What is hpop? and would an aftermarket cooler be better?? Or better off to stick with Ford priduct thats known for its unreliability...

Also. I have read a little about the air dog but I am not sure I FULLY understand everything that the air dog does / replaces. Could someone explain?

Again sory for the ignorance. I have only been in the diesel world about 6 months. So I am trying to absorb all this info like a sponge!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

High pressure oil pump. The aftermarket one I have seen I belive is 1800 bucks and has a remote filter and cooler (air cooled ) cooler goes in front of air cond. and I have heard can cause a/c issues and requiers a thermostat(oil would get to cold in cold weather). Factory cooler is under oil filter housing . It is water cooled (engine coolant ) coolant runs through it then to egr cooler (witch u have deleted ) back to front of intake. they are prone to plugging up on coolant side. For the price of the ford kit (comes with new cooler all o rings hpop screen and instructions) cant go wrong. I have heard they plug up in as little as 50thousand miles but with coolant kept clean and possibaly a coolant filter they should last a lot longer.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Air Dog is a feul pump/filter. It replaces your stock pump and provides better filtering and removes air from fuel. (injectors dont like air bubbles) Ford factory pumps are decent but the air dog or fass definatly have better filtering and remove air. "Polish" the fuel as they call it.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok. Great. Any performance difference with the air dog? Or is it just to keep me from buying injectors again?

Raul, whats with the coolant filter? other than the obvious... why filter the coolant??
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

alright. I talked to the guy thats going to do all the work on mine. He said he has a turbo and a FASS that he took off a guy's truck who decided to go twin setup. He is almost giving them away and from what I understand they have less than 500 miles on both of them. The turbo is a Turbo Engineering Stage 3 (66mm) Black Lightning. and the Fass is a 150/180. Is this too much to even be tuned down in a towing situation? It would save me well over $1000 if I could use it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.