New insight-Alarm settings? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New insight-Alarm settings?

I've got a new edge insight cs and was wondering where to set the alarms an some of the points. EOT,ECT,TFT,Boost, and any of the other points it does. I haven't had a chance to really play with it so I'm not sure what all it will do. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The EOT and ECT need to be monitored by you, for a delta of 15* or more. It would be hard to set an alarm for the different temps, when they change during different loads. Tranny, I would set at 200*, and the EGT at 1300*. Boost is boost, you're not going to exceed the boost pressure with stock turbo and sticks
Old 10-14-2010, 11:29 AM

Ok thanks. I've watched the delta T and it seemed like there was greater than 15 as it was warming up which I thought was fine because it was the coolant hotter than the oil. As I drove it after it was warm I would see Delta T 5-12 maybe. When I came to a stop and let idle they would slowly return to around 5 degree Delta. My wife drives the truck a lot though and I can't see her paying that close attention to it and thought maybe I should set some upper limits.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That is about right. Until the truck is warm and at cruising speeds, you really can't but a lot of value in the delta readings. The limits/alarms would be pretty tricky to set . Ford DOES offer a new reflash for the 6.0, where it will trip a CEL if the delta exceeds the numbers they have set (15*). It does some other things too, but it looks like you're mostly stock, so it shouldn't affect anything else. It will turn the cooling fan OFF if the EGR valve is unplugged (tricky bastards), and it also sweeps the turbo vanes back and forth when stopped to keep them free
Old 10-14-2010, 01:54 PM

I've heard guys talk about the fan being shut off but I was wondering what the effect was by deleting the egr, it should drop coolant temps significantly, therefore the fan wouldn't need to come on hardly ever would it? It just crossed my mind that this may be the reason the fan clutch is not engaging.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:58 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ya, I honestly can't remember the last time my fan came on.
So the only way your fan will be shut off when the EGRvalve is unplugged is if it's had that re-flash??
I've had it since '08 and I don't think it had the re-flash.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 AM

Well it's just a simpler explanation. I'm sure someone will chime in with why it's wrong but I don't mind, it was just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.