Innovative FICM Tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
SickStroke6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,691
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Innovative FICM Tuning

Alright, well I'm about to pull the trigger on some FICM tuning. After much consideration, I (with the help of Dave) may have found the problem causing my long starts: the new FICM flash. So needless to say, I want that crap outa there.

So which one should I get: Mild or Moderate?

Which one has the most HP and MPG gains? And how are the cold starts?

I just wanna hear all of your experiences, good and bad.

Thanks.

Blake

2013 F-150 CCSB Oxford White FX4 EcoBoost
Loaded with every option...

2008 F-250 CCSB Dark Copper King Ranch 6.4L FX4
4" MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler (DPF/DOC Delete), Modded Stock Intake, H&S XRT Pro
SickStroke6.0 is offline  
post #2 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 04:39 AM
FJuanfiddy mod


 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,828
Thanks: 132
Thanked 186 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
You want his basic flash. Otherwise the cold starts will be worse than you have now

Email: Dave@powerstroke.org
2011 F150 Ecoboost Crew cab lariat. Custom tunes from KEM and 5Star, and Unleashed
2012 F150 Crew Cab Ecoboost stock for now-Totaled March 12 2015
2006 F250 ECSB Lariat 4x4

Leveling kit, 315/70/17 Kelly TSRs on Method race wheels
ARP studs and OEM gaskets done by Renegade Diesel
ECM and Atlas 40 FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes by Truck Source Diesel. Gearhead, Innovative, Wildman and Tyrant diesel
Flowmaster/MBRP Hybrid Exhaust
Edge Insight CTS
Coolant filter
Bulletproof diesel FICM EGR Delete, Oil Cooler and Water Pump, and Light bar.
Dually LED lights from Stealth Automotive/Xpedition Outfitters
No Limit Fab 6.0 Cold Air Intake
http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/default.asp
http://nolimitfabrication.com/
Dave is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
fordfan30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft. Knox/Flaherty Ky
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had no problem with cold starts and a moderate ficm flash. It did run a little rough when it got down to about 10 degrees but that only lasts a min. I cant keep my foot out of it so I have no useful input about mpg's but the power off idle and throttle response are both much better than stock or even tuned. I would do it again.

06 F250 4x4 ecsb, lowered 2", 6 Autometer Phantom 2 guages, Accufab Elbow, Zoodad, Airaid , Magnaflow 4"dp, 5" pipe 7" short stack, Studs, Egr delete, sneaky pipe, regulated fuel return, 6.4 banjo bolts, Moderate FICM from Innovative, High idle and foglight mods, Bilsteins, Sulastic shackles, DIY Harley headlights and traction bars. 8.76 in the 1/8th
fordfan30 is offline  
post #4 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
06powerstroke06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you arn't doing injectors get the mild. They are the same thing except pulse with changes. And I'd you are wanting a new program because of starts then I would recomended getting the inductive heat out in it.
06powerstroke06 is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
cam406406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dosent some one else tune ficm are they any better?
cam406406 is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
metstroke06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 589
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP also tunes FICMs for $150. I had the mild tuning from ID for $200 and there was a noticeable different in the acceleration. Better throttle response and quicker turbo spooling. I noticed a solid 1-1.5mpg increase. As for PHP tuning, I have no idea on the quality, but I've heard good things. As for the moderate/race ID tuning, if your truck is a daily driver, I wouldn't recommend it as I've seen trucks cold starts with moderate and its crap until the oil temps increase. Eric even says if you don't have upgraded injectors and fuel system there isn't a reason for the moderate or race program unless you go down the track. Eric said he's seen 10-15hp improvement with the mild FICM reprogrammed.

2006 F250 King Ranch
metstroke06 is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIGGPIGG4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,492
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have Innovative Moderate tuning.... Same as said above. Noticeable difference in acceleration, throttle response and spool. Did mine the same time as banjo bolts...



2014 Ford F-350 XLT 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
MPD Turbo Kit. HTT367FMW Turbo. H&S Dual Fueler Kit. No Limit Fab. EGR delete and CCV mod. Tuning by Craig@MPD

2011 Ford F-350 XLT 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel *SOLD*

2004 Ford F-350 "BIGG PIGG EDITION" 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel *SOLD*


Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/biggpigg4x4/videos
BIGGPIGG4x4 is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
SickStroke6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,691
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You want his basic flash. Otherwise the cold starts will be worse than you have now
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan30 View Post
I had no problem with cold starts and a moderate ficm flash. It did run a little rough when it got down to about 10 degrees but that only lasts a min. I cant keep my foot out of it so I have no useful input about mpg's but the power off idle and throttle response are both much better than stock or even tuned. I would do it again.
Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
If you arn't doing injectors get the mild. They are the same thing except pulse with changes. And I'd you are wanting a new program because of starts then I would recomended getting the inductive heat out in it.
I plan on getting 155's eventually, but the money isn't flowing well right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metstroke06 View Post
PHP also tunes FICMs for $150. I had the mild tuning from ID for $200 and there was a noticeable different in the acceleration. Better throttle response and quicker turbo spooling. I noticed a solid 1-1.5mpg increase. As for PHP tuning, I have no idea on the quality, but I've heard good things. As for the moderate/race ID tuning, if your truck is a daily driver, I wouldn't recommend it as I've seen trucks cold starts with moderate and its crap until the oil temps increase. Eric even says if you don't have upgraded injectors and fuel system there isn't a reason for the moderate or race program unless you go down the track. Eric said he's seen 10-15hp improvement with the mild FICM reprogrammed.
Yeah, I want the HP and the MPG's but I'm having enough trouble with cold starts as it is. But it may be this new FICM flash from Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGPIGG4x4 View Post
I have Innovative Moderate tuning.... Same as said above. Noticeable difference in acceleration, throttle response and spool. Did mine the same time as banjo bolts...
How are you cold starts? And what improvements did you see with your mods?

Blake

2013 F-150 CCSB Oxford White FX4 EcoBoost
Loaded with every option...

2008 F-250 CCSB Dark Copper King Ranch 6.4L FX4
4" MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler (DPF/DOC Delete), Modded Stock Intake, H&S XRT Pro
SickStroke6.0 is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
06powerstroke06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
I plan on getting 155's eventually, but the money isn't flowing well right now.
If you plan on getting bigger injectors no matter the time frame I would recomend moderate.
06powerstroke06 is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIGGPIGG4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,492
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Hmmmm...

How are you cold starts? And what improvements did you see with your mods?
Temps haven't really got done below 40 degrees yet. Truck starts fine usually, occasionally after a week or two of sitting it sounds like it has a cam at first until the turbo spools... I don't drive the truck daily. Throttle response was a big factor... And Banjo Bolts and this helped me not starve my injectors with the gearhead tunes...



2014 Ford F-350 XLT 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
MPD Turbo Kit. HTT367FMW Turbo. H&S Dual Fueler Kit. No Limit Fab. EGR delete and CCV mod. Tuning by Craig@MPD

2011 Ford F-350 XLT 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel *SOLD*

2004 Ford F-350 "BIGG PIGG EDITION" 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel *SOLD*


Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/biggpigg4x4/videos
BIGGPIGG4x4 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome