Newbie looking for injector advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie looking for injector advice

Hi my name is Joe, I have a 2004 F350 FX4 shortbed with the 6.0L. Just clicked over 177,000 mile yesterday and getting ready to rebuild the top end. I've owned my truck since '07 when I bought it with 60k miles, since then she has pulled horse trailers, enclosed trailers, backhoes, you name it she's probably towed it. Luckily the only thing I have had to do thus far is replace injectors #5 & #7, which blew on me pulling the grade out of Albuquerque with my enclosed trailer in the dead middle of a hot summer day. Managed to limp her all the way back to home in AZ, replace them and she was back to new.

Currently I'm running the Edge programmer with juice, CAT delete, no muffler and just started gathering up parts for the rebuild. I have recently purchased a MBRP 3.5" down pipe, Sinister EGR delete, Black ONYX head gaskets, ARP studs and all the other neccesary gaskets for the top. Figured I would replace the water pump and a few other odds and ends while I had the motor out as well.

So now I'm down to getting some injectors, I've been looking into the Pensacola Diesel Injectors, specifically the 40HP injectors. Looking for some feedback on if anybody has had luck with them or have something different. My goal is to have a truck with a little extra kick but still tow down the road, not looking to build a drag truck or a sled puller. If anybody has any other info on upgrades while the motors out that would be appreciated as well. Thanks for the advice in advance.

P.S. don't worry the trans will get the beefy rebuild as well shortly, and when I do the motor I'll take lots of pics and do a write up as well for those looking to do their own rebuild.

Last edited by DevineRacingF350; 10-10-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Pensacola Injectors suck...so does their customer service from what I've heard...and i live like 20 miles from the city of Pensacola haha. Don't buy River City Diesel injectors either. Go with Casserlys!

P.S. Get rid of that Edge tuner and get an SCT. Your transmission will thank you one day. Welcome to the org!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haha I know I need the SCT, we just picked my girlfriend up an 05 f350 with the SCT and I'm really liking it. Picked the EDGE up off Craigslist for a $150 couldn't pass it up.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
For injectors, since you don't wanna go big, I recommend Innovative's 8-hole 155cc injectors.

And you will definitely need custom tunes via SCT.

Also, your trans should hold the power just fine. No need for upgrades unless you are seeing problems already. Just keep up with fluid and filters (every 30k). But knowing you have an Edge Juice, which doesn't tune the tranny, It could cause issues. Get a custom tuned SCT quick.

BTW, do those tires rub at all with just a leveling kit?

Last edited by SickStroke6.0; 10-10-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

For injectors I recomend Ryan Casserly @ full force diesel. That is who made mine and he is a great guy to work with and has great injectors because he starts with new injetors not someones used ones. Innovative would also be a good choice. Stay away from Pensacola Injectors!!!!!!!! They use juck injectors to make their injectors and their customer service sucks. Like other said you are going to need custom tunes for that egr delete more than likely.

on a side note I wouldnt put a edge juice on my truck again if some one payed me $150.

Nice looking truck!

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 10-10-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Casserly 155's and a Powermax turbo will give you a nice boost in power and still be very good for towing. The Powermax is relatively cheap compared to the injectors.

I don't know anything about these injectors but I have bought lots of stuff from Kyle at XDP and never had any problems with them. XDP is selling 70 hp injectors rebuilt by a company called DTech. Like I said I don't know anything about them but they offer a 12 mo/50k mile warranty AND will pay standard labor rates to R&R a bad injector. Not too many folks offering that kind of warranty.

Anybody have any feedback on these guys?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 AM

Warranty sounds good, but injectors are not a area where you want to cut it short. Maybe call them and see if you can talk to the guy who builds them and ask a bunch of questions

The only thing with the warranty they can say 12month but they may be a holes about it and say it was abuse or something along those lines. How much they wanting for them?

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 10-11-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I would not go with Pensacola Diesel Injectors. I have not heard anything good about them. As far as injectors are concerned, I would only run one man's in my truck and that is Ryan Casserly's. Oh wait, I do run his 175s in The Granny Truck. His customer service is second to none! You already know about the SCT, so I won't repeat it. LOL Good luck with your build and welcome to the Org!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
Warranty sounds good, but injectors are not a area where you want to cut it short. Maybe call them and see if you can talk to the guy who builds them and ask a bunch of questions

The only thing with the warranty they can say 12month but they may be a holes about it and say it was abuse or something along those lines. How much they wanting for them?
$3K. The only reasons I brought them is because of the warranty AND because XDP is carrying them. XDP is a standup company IMHO and I wouldn't expect them to be selling trash like RCD does lol. I was just wondering if anyone new about these guys. They rebuild a lot of injectors, not just for the 6.0.

That said, you can't discount dealing with Casserly. Known and proven products and great customer service.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We sell Cass's 6.0 Inj's..he will only build larger 6.0 inj's on new cores as their is just to many problems trying to mod old inj's. Stay small if your towing..PM me if I can help.

Cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.