iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed

Ok, first let me be the first to say that I apologize for the silence up to this point but, it was not by my choice!

One of the contracted companies decided they were going to try and screw us so this project has been tied up in litigation for several months.

The good news is that its over (we won, if there is such a thing in litigation) and we can finish this up and get on with our lives!

During all of this there has been some fallout and we lost some code that was already complete and we lost all of our available licenses from apple for beta testing through this process. So we are going to start the beta program over and we have to use all new UDID #'s and cannot use those from the previous beta test (this meant I personally had to go get a new iTouch! ).

So here is where this is at now. The app works really well, the wifi hardware works really well but, the app is not complete now.

Here is what works:

Power level changes
All available parameters for each particular year model
safety de-fueling
turbo timer settings
warm up mode settings
gear change de-fueling settings
transmission slip settings and drivetrain info

What is not done:
0-60 time
1/4 mile performance
DTC read and erase for the newer trucks
datalogging
can't set individual warnings
de-fuel is for egt and boost only right now

So with all that said, we need new beta testers to finish this. The first release of the product and ver 1.0 of the iQuad app is scheduled to be available Nov 8th. We will release all we can on the first release and then offer app updates through the app store every 2 weeks until it is 100% complete, although we think maybe 2 updates will be all that is needed for 110% function across all vehicles we support.

If you want to participate I need you to fill out our beta form even if you have already done it. Make certain that you put iQuad somewhere in the comments box so we know what you are after. Quadzilla Performance - Beta Program

We will contact you and get you the rest of the information you need. This is NOT free but, it comes very discounted. The app is always free but, the wifi hardware is not. Because I have to burn licenses I am not going to just offer refunds to anyone that wants one on this test. If you are unhappy and its not working for you then we can certainly work something out in the end but, don't just jump into testing to check it out and ask for a refund or you won't get one.

There are multiple steps to this test.

#1 I will have to send you a link to download an app that will allow you to send me your ID# for your phone.

#2We then have to build a specific update to allow you to load it on your phone through itunes.

#3 we have to send you wifi hardware.

While beta testing updates are not as easy as loading them through the store. We have to build them individually and then email them to you and you have to go through a process to delete the old version and update with the new version.

I think I have explained this as far as I can. If you have any questions please let me know!

For those that have not seen it here are some screen shots:

QZ_03-DASH-ALERT_v06.png picture by qzillapower - Photobucket

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am not familiar with what you are working on and would like some add'l information please. How does the wifi work and what hardware is required? Does this download code to the PCM for tuning or work like an Edge or Bullydog and intercept sensor data and feed the PCM altered data? What hardware does the app run on? Is it restricted to Apple hardware? Does it only have preset tunes or is it capable of custom tuning?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm also interested. Does this work only with the Quadzilla? I'm interested, and I'll fill out the form and get it for my iPhone 4. . That is, if it's not restricted to Quadzilla only.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 AM

This app works only with apple products right now. Reason we chose apple was simple, the itouch. You can use your iphone or ipad also but, we hated to have something that required people to buy a product that made them pay monthly fees. If you already have the phone then great but, if not the itouch is priced well for what it is and works perfect with this product.

If we went with Droid you have to have a cell phone and it limits those that don't want a smart phone, don't have a smart phone and don't want to pay for the data and cell plans. In the future we plan on having Droid software.

This ONLY works with our Adrenaline Modules.
Adrenaline 03-07 Ford PowerStroke 6.0L

Having said that we worked hard to price the whole kit so that it still made sense to use it if you wanted to just use the gauges and other features and not use the engine tuning.

If you don't have an Adrenaline the kit will consist of the Adrenaline module, wifi module and a wiring harness. The Adrenaline goes under the hood, similar to the Edge box. We connect to the PCM as well as the obd2 port. It also has the hardware for an EGT probe, and turbo timer included.

If you have an Adrenaline you just need the wifi module.

IF you ONLY want gauges and features here is what you will get:

24+ monitored parameters
user defined warnings
Turbo Timer (egt or time based, you set it)
Read and Erase DTC
Datalogging (min/max of most of the monitored parameters)
0-60 performance tests
1/4 mile performance test
Add on port for a 0-100psi transducer, we use it for FP

If you read the link above you can also read about the tuning. We know that the programs are very popular, easy and make big power and control the transmissions very well. So with that in mind we wanted to make sure that while this works very well by itself it also compliments the programmers very well too.

Custom Tuning. This allows you to set the max amount of injector stretch you want which is then scaled by the power levels and boost and TPS. You can also adjust the TPS settings for when the power is added and the boost scaling as well. You can adjust the max timing also. You can also adjust how much ICP you want modified and base it on a min/max TPS as well. You can scale the power levels to have from 3 to 14 so as you make adjustments they can be fine or coarse.

We also have built in de-fueling (won't de-fuel another programmer, just this box) for egt, boost and other important parameters that are affected by fuel.

We monitor the transmission and allow you to set de-fueling for the transmission shifting points.

There is also a warmup mode, which allows you to set the coolant temp of when you want the box to start making power.

So with all that said the Adrenalin is one of the best plug in boxes there is. It makes big power for a plug in box, handles the transmission pretty well and has lots of safety features plus lots of handy features.

For those that despise plug in boxes, we also tried to make it attractive as a guage/scantool setup also.

I am pretty sure if you already have an apple product then there is no way you can buy just the minimum of the 3 gauge setup, turbo timer (egt or time based) and a scan tool for much less than you can buy the whole kit for.

I hope that helps, I think many people will find that stacking will be awesome especially since you can control the timing directly on the box.

I don't think we are supposed to give prices out so contact your dealer but, I will tell you that the ADR+wifi kit is FAR less than ANY plug in box with monitor out there.

If you have any other questions please let me know.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Premium Member

This sounds really cool. Im very excited to see these in action.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just installed this on my 04. So far satisfied. Havnt chainged power levels or tunes yet. Just figured I key in on the betta. What exactly is it?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

sadly android based phone here...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Whats wrong with droid? Im using a x2 and seems to work just fine ..
Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCrawler View Post
Whats wrong with droid? Im using a x2 and seems to work just fine ..
i may have misread i thought you needed an APPLE Touch to use this program?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No they sell a droid version now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.