EGR delete? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete?

OK I wanna put a delete on by sinister or rcd but have a few questions. MKM's website says that for the 05 if you leave you EGR valve in place and plugged in that it should fix getting a light on. This is contrary to most of what I've read where you need a tuner to do away with the light. I've read on an 05 that all it looks at is if your valve is opening and shutting like it should, even though it's blocked, then it thinks everything's fine and won't throw a light. I want to delete my cooler because it scares the hell out of me but I don't want to do a tuner yet but I also can't stand a light in my face all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well, Ford got a little sneaky with the last reflash for the 6.0. They made it to where if the EGR valve isn't plugged in, the clutch fan won't work . Do youself a favor, and buy a unit that will monitor ECT and EOT, make sure the delta isn't spread anymore than 15* while cruising on the hwy. If you want to keep it stockish, replace the cooler with a Bulletproof cooler, and rebuild your oil cooler, install a coolant filter as well

PS of the two delete kits you're looking at, use the first one you mentioned
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Premium Member

I deleted mine and I have yet to get a CEL when running the stock tune. I aslo left the valve in place and plugged in.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 AM

Everyones gonna tell you to go with the sinister kit...seems to be the flavor of the month, everything from rcd has been made out to be junk and cust service is bad, I haven't had any issues but everyone else will complain.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

2005 is a tricky year for the egr delete. Some 2005 trucks will throw a code some will not. It just depends if it has a sensor in the intake which monitors the egr cooler flow. My recommendation to most customers with 05 trucks is to buy the egr delete kit try leaving the egr valve plugged in and mounted in the intake and see if it throws a code. If it doesn't great if it does well then you will need a SCT tuner with custom tuning if the check engine light bugs you. Although an SCT is defiantly not a bad accessory to have on your truck
Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If you use a tuner/programmer to get rid of the check engine light when you use an egr delete kit will the clutch fan work again?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard View Post
Everyones gonna tell you to go with the sinister kit...seems to be the flavor of the month, everything from rcd has been made out to be junk and cust service is bad, I haven't had any issues but everyone else will complain.
Buy a set of their junk injectors. Then after several warranty returns and continued junk injectors, the hassle and expense of continually swapping them out, truck running like crap, try to get a refund.

Their egr delete is not a crappy product though IMHO not as nice as the Sinister. Their rep for crapping on customers who have bought their lousy injectors and not standing behind them make them a company that many of us who really care about this hobby have chosen not to support. Dollars talk and they will not clean up their act unless it hurts them in the pocket. Unfortunately with the internet there are enough unsuspecting buyers that they can continue to prey on uninformed newby's and first time buyers and not rely on repeat business. I won't buy anything from RCD because of their business practices. I don't recommend anyone else do business with them either.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 AM

That does suck, it happens though its too b ad they aren't backing their products better...but their egr delete is a very nice one quality welds and good materials I'm satisfied and you can get them on ebay for 175 bucks I believe fast shipping too. Just look everything over good before you install to make sure all is good. Mine has worked awesome so far.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I won't buy anything from RCD because of their business practices. I don't recommend anyone else do business with them either.
Same here!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 PM

OK before we get too far off subject which pgreensvt has had a habit of doing with my threads before. Just a friendly jab dude, I like your advice and listen to you. It sounds like you just have to try it and see and hope. The other thing that concerned me in the instructions to sinister's kit is just lifting the intake on the right side and putting it back down. I like it in theory because it saves me time and labor but does anyone see a downside like gaskets not sealing well once they've been lifted like that. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.