got a looney tune and have a problem... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got a looney tune and have a problem...

Last night i got a looney tune form vivian... shes great to deal with and she had the tune to me within a few hours. I got the tune loaded on my truck and everything seemd fine till i went to go drive the truck. the vgt will not change, its like stuck in closed postion. when i give it ligt throttle the boost build to almost 15 pounds and will ke shooting up and you can hear that the turbo is not opening... when i flip my smoke switch wit will open so i know the veins are not stuck. other than that it seems as if everything is fine. when i return the truck to stock tuning it is fine as well the turbo works properly... so has anyone had a problem like this befor with a custom tune.. what do u think is wrong? she told me that looney might show a problem with the truck that i may not have noticed before. but the way i look at it is that if it works ok on stock and it did on the canned tunes that it has someting to do with the looney tune...???

my strategy also changed from vxbc9e2 to vxap1n6 dose this have somthing to do with it or is this normal?

any help or thoughts would be helpful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sounds like your turbo vanes are sticking. Only cure for that is to pull it apart and clean it.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have the loony tune with that same strategy on my harley and it runs perfect, no problems with the turbo. It might just be like he said, your turbo needs cleaning
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM

Probably from using the smoke switch.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:24 AM

But then it should do it in stock form also and the OP said it was fine while stock.

I would contact Vivian and let her know what its doing.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:18 AM

just call vivian and tell her whats going on, nothings ever perfect maybe something got screwed up in the file while it was being sent. I have a looney and mine runs perfect, but i had her tweak the transmission and the engine idled and ran worse even though it was the same file with a different trans tune. Just give her a call, every truck is different.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

Not trying to change the subject, but what is a smoke switch?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:03 PM

it only dose it on her tune... it works perfect on the stock tunning and the canned tunes i used to have... i spoke with her this morning and she was nice as pie and said she would take care of it and look in to it and sad she would have rene call me in ten min... well i recived no phone calls and she will not anser now??? kinda upset about all this.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:05 PM

a smoke switch is a smoke switch lol.... no but really its a switch on your power to your turbo vanes that opens them completly when you cut the power to it thus making it a big laggy turbo... not the best thing for the turbo but on a full fuel tune it will lay down some smoke
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraWhat? View Post
Not trying to change the subject, but what is a smoke switch?
cuts the power to the VGT (variable geometry turbo) solenoid so it doesnt push any air.... fuel with no air = lots of black smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0 stroke View Post
it only dose it on her tune... it works perfect on the stock tunning and the canned tunes i used to have... i spoke with her this morning and she was nice as pie and said she would take care of it and look in to it and sad she would have rene call me in ten min... well i recived no phone calls and she will not anser now??? kinda upset about all this.
Yeah it happens to the best of us. Shes busy after recently just starting up Quick Tricks, im sure shes still getting settled. Keep hounding her she'll make it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.