ported cylender heads or stock ones 600hp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 02:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ported cylender heads or stock ones 600hp

Alright guys i had a run away happen on my truck last week so its time to build her even stronger. I ended up melting 3 injector tips, damaged 4 pistons, and 4 of my cylender walls are done. So ive got another short block lying around and im going to buy all 8 pistons and rings, and i also need a new set of heads. So my question is should i jus pick up a set of stock ones or should i go with a set of elites ported with over sized valves ones, or does anyone else make some for a good price, or are they even worth the money. Down in my sig are all of my performance parts i have for the truck, my goal is to make over 600hp and still be able to tow and drive it anywhere. If i do get the ported ones im going to also throw a set of headers on it........ so what do you guys think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

600hp and can tow would need twins and change to a 48V FICM. 190's, unless you really want to pass 600hp then the next size will do it. Ported would help allot, especialy with that much hp.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:16 PM

I have heard that it is pointless unless you upgrade your intake manifold with something like gogo's intake.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 PM

yea ive thought about upgrading to that intake manifold a few people have told me i need to look into getting one. smokersteve why do you think i should go down to the 48v that would loose power r u jus saying for egt's
Old 09-19-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred69chevys10 View Post
yea ive thought about upgrading to that intake manifold a few people have told me i need to look into getting one. smokersteve why do you think i should go down to the 48v that would loose power r u jus saying for egt's
I do not know for a fact but I was told that for towing often, the FICM will get too hot.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred69chevys10 View Post
yea ive thought about upgrading to that intake manifold a few people have told me i need to look into getting one.
If you raise the amount your heads can flow but leave the stock restrictive intake it will still flow the same. In order to get the full effect of the ported heads you would need to upgrade the most restrictive part. If any of that made since
Old 09-20-2010, 06:52 PM

well ive towed with my 58v for almost a year now with no problems now it may be a diff story if your towing through the mountains for hundreds of miles.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:59 PM

I talked to elite today and they did say if i get their ported heads i should do the intake manifold and i also found out today that my spare short block needs to be punched to so now im going to punch it .20 over and that will also help with them oversized valves, i also figure if im going to have my motor out i might as well put a cam in it and paint her up to make her look good, and with that set up they said i should make over 600hp
Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 PM

With the cam, port heads, intake manifold... the more you do all of that, making the motor more efficient, the less you will have the need to get bigger injectors and turbo to get enough power to compensate for all of those restrictions. Thus, a better motor because it is not having to try as hard to get them ponies

What stage cam?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to charlesrf600
Subscribing

So has any one used the intake form gogo diesel looks like it free up alot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.