Cheap/Free mods? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cheap/Free mods?

I just picked up my 03 6.0 today and had a couple questions. I know the stock intake is good for up to 500hp but has anyone modified there stock intake to allow better airflow? Also does the turbo on the Fords have the turbo silencer like the 5.9 cummins have that you can take out and make the turbo whistle louder? Also what are some cheap/free mods you can do to help out. I am already going to be flushing and changing out all the fluids slowly. What are the best brands to use for everything? I plan on doing diffs, tranny, motor, radiator ect. I looking to do some simple mods just for now as I plan on keeping the truck stock for a little bit till I get something else paid off first. I plan on just cutting muffler and cat and welding in pipes till I can decided on single out the back or dual stacks its a toss up and cant seem to make up my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 10:21 PM
back to business

Zoodad mod will intrest you I think My Zoodad install with pics

No silencer ring in these. And dude, if you've got an 03' turbo, straight pipe it and you won't want it to whistle any louder, they're INSANE :thunb:

Only use Motorcraft filters (oil and fuel). Add a coolant filter ASAP. For "free" mods, check out the zoodad I already posted, Hi idle mod (no extra power or anything, but it'll prevent wet stacking and decrease warmup times) eBay Guides - Ford Super Duty High Idle Modification 2005 2006 2007, fog light mod (again, no extra power, but you'll be able to see a lot better(and it's free )) S&S Diversified: Prototype CAD CAM Design Fabrication Machining Technical - Northeast NY NJ CT PA NYC, and uhhhhh, oh yeah, STRAIGHT PIPE THAT THING

Oh, and I'd suggest using a synthetic motor oil. I like Rotella T6, 5w40.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well I know the 03 and 04 till Sept I think have the loud turbo but I know of my Dodge taking the silencer ring made the turbo whistle from under the hood double. Thanks outlaw for the tips
Old 09-21-2010, 07:05 AM

Disconnect the blow by on your driverside valve cover and run it to the ground with a heavy rubber tube. Then make sure you plug the hole in your intake where it went to. This will keep you from getting extra oil in your intake and keeps your boost tubes from getting slick and potentially blowing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.