some ?'s about the innovative tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
some ?'s about the innovative tunes

i ordered the xtreme street, xtreme race, and tow tunes the other night. installed them and have been messing around a little. im definitely impressed compared to the free spartan ones some guys were using awhile back. i just have a few questions.

1) is there anywhere i can get specs on these tunes? any idea of the power they should make?

2) daily driving, i know a few guys run the xtreme street as their daily driving tune, is this a good idea or should i get something a little more modest? or does it all just depend on your driving style?

3) is there any kind of need to know advice on driving these trucks with these tunes? kinda like d-max's and how your not supposed to hammer on them in 4th and 5th gear because they'll eat up the tranny. just stupid stuff, is there anywhere i can read the do's and dont's that come with driving a tuned truck????

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 03:24 PM

You can run them as long as you want. Some prefer Extreme Race, some prefer only Street. You can go WOT as much as you want but like any car there is a limit. For our transmissions there is no major limit with extreme files
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The extream street locks the TC at 40mph and doesn't unlock until you come back down to 40mph. If your driving about 50mph per say and hit a fairly steep hill, you will lug the motor down and make your egt's climb. You can prevent this by getting a running start prior to getting to the base of the hill, or lay on the skinny pedal a tad to make it downshift.

The extream race locks the TC in 2nd gear and won't unlock it until you tap on the brake pedal. This may take some getting use to, by changing you driving habits. So when you hit the same hill with the extream race, it will really lug the motor down and make the egt's climb even higher. You can prevent this also by tapping on the brake at the base of the hill so it unlocks the TC,get back on the go pedal,so the truck will down shift to keep the egt's lower. If you happen to be using the extream race as a daily driver, and some ricer gets along aside of you while doing above 2nd gear, you need to tap the brake pedal first to unlock the TC, then get back on the go pedal so it will downshift faster, so you can get the jump on him.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:23 PM

i was told by eric at innovative that the extreme street with an exhaust and good running truck should put you around 425 horse and 780 tq. ive been running it daily since july with NO problems. i love it and im on factory headstuds
Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 PM

Xtreme Race- 420-440rwhp/760-780rwtq - Converter locked in all gears.
Xtreme Street- 420-430rwhp/730-760rwtq- Not recommended for towing.
Street- 400rwhp/670rwtq- Tow up to 10k lbs.
Tow- 310rwhp/560rwtq- Towing over 10k lbs up to the maximum of the truck.
Economy- Mileage program only.

Not bad for just a tuner.

Mark
Old 09-17-2010, 01:51 PM

awesome input guys this is exactly the stuff i wanted to know, its funny you mentioned the TC lock lilpooh, cuz i noticed today the truck is a bit of a dog in extreme street if you floor it going over 40, i just figured it was laggy or something i was kinda dissapointed. i still have to give the xtreme race a try...
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerJoker6.0 View Post
awesome input guys this is exactly the stuff i wanted to know, its funny you mentioned the TC lock lilpooh, cuz i noticed today the truck is a bit of a dog in extreme street if you floor it going over 40, i just figured it was laggy or something i was kinda dissapointed. i still have to give the xtreme race a try...
Over 40mph and laggy, You either have to lay on the skinny pedal hard to make it downshift, or turn on the tow/haul button so you won't have to lay on the skinny pedal as much.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am running xtreme street but am looking into the xtreme street. if i have eric take off the continuous lockup with it lower the hp and torque? or if he takes that off the tune will it pretty much be the same as xtreme street? thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 PM

i have read that the extreme race and street are almost identical when you take the TC lockage out of the picture. if you look at the #'s the guy above posted, they are very close in HP and pretty close in TQ
Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Powerjoker I want your truck I cant find one anywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.