bypass filter or fuel filter? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bypass filter or fuel filter?

Hi all, this is my first thread on the forum so here it goes...

I have a 2003 6.0L F350 and its had a reputation for bad injectors. As a matter of fact im in the process of changing 2 of them now and am tired of changing them. I've been reaserching the bypass filter and i've herd about putting on an aftermarket fuel filter. So which is better?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 07:31 AM

Have you tried either Hot Shot's Secret or Rev-X for your injectors? I have used HSS and it saved me 2 injectors. I saw the pc when my mechanic looked at the graph and I saw the bad injectors with my eyes and there were 3 bad ones. #3,5,7. #7 was the worst and also a brand new injector(warranty). So I drained the oil and put in HSS and it cleared up 2 injectors and had to replace #5. Now I am not saying that the product worked or not because I can not confirm if #5 was infact bad . It could have been #7 that was replaced and they told me #5 because #7 was a warranty injector and 5 wasn't. Just food for thought. HSS is like $50 a half gal and I figured if it cleared up 2 injectors hats worth the money... $50 compared to $500 . You do the math and justification. I have also been told on normal stock or close to stock applications to just get the filters from Ford or International.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:33 AM

FYI I have a March build date on my 03 F-250 6.0 6speed
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Actually the Rev-X has worked wonders on injector stiction. IFF that's the problem Rev-X will most likely fix it. There are two things that will really mess with your injectors. The first is dirty oil. Since they are fired by oil at very high pressure it is critical that you are anal about keeping up with your oil maintenance. I also believe that much of the problem is due to varnish from dino oil, especially those containing parafin (wax). I believe it strongly enough to only run full synthetic oil in my motor. I use either Amsoil or Schaeffer but make up your own mind on brand. It's more expensive than dino but cheaper than replacing injectors.

The other is fuel pressure. Do you know what your fuel pressure is? If it is falling below 45 psi your injectors will not be happy. Fords fuel pressure regulator spring is notorious for losing tension and not maintaining adequate oil pressure. They have an updated pressure regulator rebuild kit with a new spring to fix that.

Hope this helps some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.